hello from Waller, Tx

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjensen1962

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I just wanted to introduce myself as I have been lurking for quite some time now and felt compelled to join in your enthusiasm for wine making.
I have bottled one batch of Green Apple Gewürztraminer (girlfriend loves it) and I am currently bulk aging a Caberlot.
I chuckle to myself when I see this hobby referred to as an obsession. I could tell before I even started with the kits that this would be a real distraction from hunting, fishing, boating, camping and riding my scooter.
My daughters boyfriend asked for my permission to marry my daughter this past weeekend ( I gave my blessing) and now I have a great reason to produce a bunch of wine.
He hasnt asked her yet, he is waiting for their anniversary on Dec.15 but I am forging ahead at full speed.

-greg

welcome ... I lives in Houston for 47 years and now in Boerne, Tx.

I'm a newbie also with only 3 kits complete and 1 working and two on pre-order

there is a lot of knowledge just ask and you will be taken care of ...

my first batch was also the Green Apple Gewürztraminer ... then I moved to the kit with more juice

Welcome to the forums and to this fun filled bank account depleting hobby that quickly turns to obsession!
smiley32.gif

Welcome, what wines do you plan on making for this blessed occasion?

Welcome Greg. And wonderful news on the secret upcoming engagement!!
smiley36.gif

thanks for the warm reception. For the wedding wines, I am open to board members suggestions. My daughter is my only child and I would like the wine(s) memorable.
I currently have on order with George: Meglioli Rojo Intenso with Raisins, Meglioli Barolo with Raisins, Meglioli Amarone Mondiale with red raisins & Cellar Craft Two Hemispheres Riesling. I realize that these wines may not be aged enough to be at peak for the ceremony ( I am shooting blind at the moment, as far as date ) but I do want to get them started.
Like I said earlier, if anyone has any suggestions or has experience with this type of endeavor, I would sure like to hear from you.

-greg

Those are all going to be very good wines.The reds are going to need a year to mature. The whites only 3-6 months.

Welcome aboard! Your planned wines look great! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!
smiley1.gif

Call George, he will have some good advice on which wines will work with your wedding time table.

Greg, congratulations and welcome to the madness. No questions will go unanswered.

Welcome Greg, that is quite a selection of wines you have. Tell future SIL yes you can marry my daughter but not beforesuch and suchdate (date wine matures). Good luck

Hi Greg and welcome!!! you will find lots of help here(I have)...
I live in Midland... not sure where Waller is???? Is it east of Houston????
Make what you like,
Darryl

gjensen1962 said:
Hi Darryl,
Waller is just outside of Houston on Hwy 290 going northwest towards Austin.

-greg
Hi Greg,

That is what I thought!!! I looked on the map last night after I left you the post... Good luck, you have come to the right place!!!! Lot of good pepole and all willing to help. HOld on to your hat, I started a year ago with 2six gallon carboys and now more than 20... and still looking for more!!!!!
Darryl

Latest posts

Back