Hello from RI

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edenri

Junior
Reaction score
My name is Eddy I'm 29 and just starting out making wine.

I really would like to thank everyone for all the great info on this board. There's so much to take in

I look forward to learning more from everyone here.

Let's see now, that's at least 2 from Rhode Island. You two can't live far from each other. You guys must make up almost half the population there
smiley4.gif

Seriously, Welcome. You came to the right place to find a few helpful folks, and then there is me.............
smiley15.gif

Welcome Eddy, Im not far from you here in Ct. What are you gonna start with?

Welcome to you Eddy, you've come to the right place.

Gene & Marcia

wade said:
Welcome Eddy, Im not far from you here in Ct. What are you gonna start with?

Well right now I have the Ancient Orange mead going, and I just put welch's white grape into a secondary.

I really would like to start a sweet wine. Any suggestions? Also I'm curious about elderberries(sp?) I've heard they are the closest thing to grapes? Is that true?

Are you talking kit or fruit wine as any wine can be sweetened back. If your looking to do a sweet kit try an Island mist or if you really want sweet go with an Ice Wine kit!

No I'm looking for a fruit wine. I understand the results of a kit can be great, but I really feel like I'm missing something with a kit, plus I'm trying to do one gallon batches right now. Do they make kits for one gallon batches?

wade, do they make 3 gallon kits, other then the Ports or Ice Wines?Edited by: myway22

Welcome Eddy. Have fun and enjoy the process. Got a wine in mind to start out with?

hey Eddy, welcome. Share your questions and we'll all learn.

But look out! There is a guy in AR and another in upstate NY who will volunteer to taste your wines. They may know a lot but all they wantis to drink them!
smiley36.gif

Jack on Rainy said:
But look out! There is a guy in AR and another in upstate NY who will volunteer to taste your wines. They may know a lot but all they wantis to drink them!
smiley36.gif

Hey, I think I represent that Jack!
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif

myway22 said:
wade, do they make 3 gallon kits, other then the Ports or Ice Wines?
Mosti Monmdial makes the Mist wine Fruit kits that are 3 gallon All Juice kits. Other than that you also have the Vintners Harvest Fruit bases for country wines/

Fantazia<a href="../../../ProdListFan.asp" target="_blank">
</a>

Latest posts

Back