Hello From Pittsburgh Pa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pghfett

Reaction score
Newly addicted to the craft. I make mead and wine and can see this is a great place for info on both,

Mike :b

Welcome to the wine community. And another Pittsburgher joins wine making.

There are many wonderful folks on here with lots of experience. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the Pittsburgh wine community! We have a pretty active group and get together often to taste/trade wines. This is a great site for questions and assistance. Glad to have you!

Paul, it is yinz, not you'uns! I'm thinking you need to visit Western Pa to get your accent right! :ft

Hey, I debated for several minutes about spelling it "yinz" vs. "you'uns." I actually looked (before posting) at the Wikipedia page, where I found

Because there are still speakers who use each form, there is no stable second-person plural pronoun form in southwest or central Pennsylvania—which is why this pronoun is variably referred to or spelled as you'uns, y'ins, y'uns, yunz, yuns, yinz, yenz, yins or ynz.

(The Wikipedia page led me ineluctably to the page on the Philadelphia accent, thereby consuming the next 20 minutes of my life!) :)

Perhaps I am just old. My PGH friends spelled it "you'uns."

Hi
Nice to see some Pittsburgher's on here. Im in the monroeville area.I'm new to the forum. I been making wine for a while but just recently started with more advanced wine making techqenics. So I signed up to learn the ins and outs. Any local groups or contest were I can get feedback and learn more would be great.
Thanks
Mike

Western PA seems to be a hot spot for Wine Makers. I'm assuming it's because of the long winters.
I lived in Wexford, PA for 11 years, (mid 1980's to mid 1990's)and I know what the winters are like.
You need a hobby or you will get cabin fever.;) I skied a lot! We even had New Years Day golf tournaments.

Latest posts

Back