Hello from Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoppaCork

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi, before heading off to the search button...

The wife and I bought a wine making kit and have just started our first batch of Italian Pinot Grigio.(Wine Expert)
We decided on this one because an acquaintance of our had made some and the wife and I liked it Got to start somewhere.

So far it seems to be doing well despite the fact that the wife started it before I did any research, and she used distilled water. But she got everything else right enough that it has bubbles in the airlock!
We will know better on the next batch.
Gonna have to try making the 'Skeeter Pee' too sometime...

Greg

So many wines, so little time...

Hi and welcome

If im correct you are absolutely fine with using distilled water that shouldnt make any difference to the wine.

Dave

Poppacork, welcome to the forum. Where in SW Ohio? I am just north of Columbus. We have quite a few members from Ohio so if you need any help, ask away. Pinot Grigio is a good choice. I have 18 gallons of it going at present and it is Wine Expert Selection International.

BTW, love the "handle."

Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

nook6, Thanks for the info, after a little more research it seems it's not the end of the world after all.

Rocky, We're just south of Dayton.

Hey, Greg! Nice to have you here. I'm over here in Chillicothe, not far off.

Like Rocky said, good choice on the Pinot Grigio. I have some in my rack that's a year old, now. Very nice!

If you are thinking of making some Skeeter Pee versions soon, might I make a suggestion? Check out the Dragon Blood Thread for a tried and true version loved by many.

Also, you'll find lots of variations on this recipe if you do a search in the forums. You can find the latest DB recipe/varitions in the "Wine Made Easy" pdf file located here: http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f6/wine-made-easy-36430/#post440611

Hope that helps you get started. You'll love it here!

Welcome to the forum.And as dangerdave mentioned, "good choice on your 1st"

Latest posts

Back