Hello, From Kansas City...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJayman

Reaction score
Hello! Been browsing your forum a spell. Back in the 90's, (along with Hair Metal), I brewed ales. Now, after 15 years in a wine store, and two uncles who make wine, I decided to as well. Partly for fun. Partly for the quality to price ratio.

I have two in fermentation which will be little more than quaffers. I prefer the following and appreciate any recommendations for both good quality to time rations. I know, and have some higher end kits on the way which will take up to 3 years to mature, but still appreciate thoughts on the following quality juices from the correct regions, (vs. "styles".) I drink my coffee black and bold, and like my reds as such for the most part.

1. French Syrah - love the earthy, flinty style. (don't mind some other varietals incorporated.) This is by far a favorite and not seeing a bold kit available. Help! Not seeing much out there and don't like 'shiraz' from australia as well.

2. French White Bordeaux/Sav. Blanc. - Love the flinty, earthy, taste.

3. NZ Sav. Blanc. - The grapefruit, citrus, are appreciated.

4. UnOaked Chard. - Dont' want to start a fight, but too many overoaked Chards. Love those like Sonoma Cutrer.

God Bless and Thanks for a great forum. Have learned a lot already.

Great another wine maker. There is much to see and learn here and I'm sure you have lots to teach us as well.

Be sure to check out the home page for a ton of stuff.

Back