Hello from Albany, NY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhineMaker

Addicted Member
Reaction score
Long time beer brewer and brand new wine maker here.. Got tired of wife whining about not liking beer so I finally gave in and started making wine. Looking forward to gaining lots of knowledge here... Thankyou to George and all for providing the support for this site!

Welcome WhineMaker to a very informative and helpful group.

So you gave in huh? Suuuuure!! Some call that a compromise
smiley4.gif

Enjoy

Scott said:
Welcome WhineMaker to a very informative and helpful group.

So you gave in huh? Suuuuure!! Some call that a compromise
smiley4.gif

Enjoy

Shhhhh.. Don't let my wife know, she thinks I am doing this just for her!
smiley2.gif

WELCOME!

You have chosen a great forum to start your winemaking.

Have you made any wine yet?

What is on the radar next?

tepe said:
WELCOME!

You have chosen a great forum to start your winemaking.

Have you made any wine yet?

What is on the radar next?

Just edited my signature to reflect my current events..

Welcome! You will find everything you ever wanted to know about wine right here. It sure is easy to get hooked also. ENJOY

Welcome Whinemaker. It is always good to have somebody else from NY on the forum. It gets lonely here with all the crew from Minnesota. Look forward to your questions.

appleman said:
Welcome Whinemaker. It is always good to have somebody else from NY on the forum. It gets lonely here with all the crew from Minnesota. Look forward to your questions.

I am looking forward to the answers!!
smiley4.gif

Welcome WhineMaker. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do plus, I hope you come to like wine as much as you like beer!
smiley1.gif

My wife and I got tickets to go to a wine tasting 2/28/09 at ProctorsTheatre inSchenectady, NY... Over 60 different wineries will be there.. This is perfect timing. Now I can be more critical of the wines I taste because I am a wine maker myself!! (Yeah right, not even a week in and letting it go to my head!!) But seriously, I am looking forward to the experience, and being able to talk to the representatives from the wineries...
smiley1.gif

Welcome to the forum! It's good to have a little balance here; people from all over the country. If we get many more Minnesotans here we'll be starting threads on Lefse!

PolishWineP said:
Welcome to the forum! It's good to have a little balance here; people from all over the country. If we get many more Minnesotans here we'll be starting threads on Lefse!

And the rest of us will just need threads on Rightses!
smiley5.gif
Sorry my reply is corny for even me...........
smiley9.gif

Welcome WhineMaker - and don't let PolishWinePrincess fool you, if we get any more Minnesotans we'll be starting a thread on the best wine to serve with Lutefisk...

I hope your wife appreciates your sacrifice on her behalf.

I know I certainly appreciate my husband's sacrifice in letting me co-opt the wine making equipment kit I gave him two Christmas's ago!
smiley36.gif

smiley34.gif
The best wine to serve with lutefisk is the wine that causes you to pass out before you go to where lutefisk is being served!
smiley11.gif

PolishWineP said:
smiley34.gif
The best wine to serve with lutefisk is the wine that causes you to pass out before you go to where lutefisk is being served!
smiley11.gif

Ya, you betcha, but... a guy'd (or a gal) have to serve white wine don't ya know, with the Lutefisk there, 'cause everyting has to be white when you're serving Lutefisk.

Uff Da! Aquavit and boiled potatoes with Lutefisk. I think red wine is banned in Norge.

Pelican, I don't think I saw anything other than white on my plate until I went to college. Boil everything and if you want flavor, add salt.

Welcome!! Hope you're openminded. There's a few here below the Mason/Dixon line....LOL
John...who won't hold it against you 'cause you're a yank.

Back