Hello everyone total NEWBIE here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky

Reaction score
Hi ,my names Rick and i never made or attempted to make wine before.....just picked out a wine equipment kit from FVW..... gonna purchase it in a day or 2... double checking things and adding some more..... bottle fillers,better hydrometer,ect.....my first question ( a million more to come!!)....Cellar Classic Winery Series.....will i be in over my head with this kit....being my first attempt, .....Thanks...

Welcome to Winemakingtalk, Rick

Feel free to ask away, im sure someone will chime in for y

Not sure which kit you're looknig at though? Cellar Craft is one manufacturer & Winery Series and Cellar Classic are two groups of kits made by another manufacturer, RJ Spagnols.. There's multiple kits within each of the groups, of various varieties

In any case, most kits come with decent directions (or you can ask here for clarification on them) and most of the kits are set up to be practically "bullet proof" / hard to mess up, provided you follow the directions and know some basics about using the equipment & additives involved - hydrometer, TA kit, racking and sanitizing, etc

Shouldnt be too much for you to handle, whatever you choose, but if you have any questions feel free to ask here

Hi ,my names Rick and i never made or attempted to make wine before.....just picked out a wine equipment kit from FVW..... gonna purchase it in a day or 2... double checking things and adding some more..... bottle fillers,better hydrometer,ect.....my first question ( a million more to come!!)....Cellar Classic Winery Series.....will i be in over my head with this kit....being my first attempt, .....Thanks...
These are long range kits meaning they take a while to come around. Over your head no making one is a very straight forward process. If you would like some thing that drinks earlier Try a Cru select or a Cellar Classic. If you have the patients and are willing to put in the work the Cellar Classic
Winery Series will make a very good wine.

Welcome. FVW is good choice. Let George (owner) help ypu select your first kit. And Cru Select is a good choice as is Spagnols Winery Series. Consider an early drinker for your first kit. As far as equipment if you think you may make more than one kit, upgrade to a floor corker. If you follow the rather simple instructions especially concerning sanitation, you will be shocked how much you will love your wine. As soon as you taste and like your first kit start a second. Then you can drink the first while letting the second age several months.

Welcome,
If you run into any problems with whatever you decide to start with, come on here and ask away. It is kind of intimadating at first, but the winemaking process is actually rather simple. Follow the directions on the kit and you should do well. (This comes from someone that has never done a kit, so probably doesn't know what he is talking about.) But plenty of people here have done them and know how to help if you have any problems. Arne.

Piece of cake. All the kits are pretty easy if you follow the instructions.
My 2 suggestions are:
Do not top up with water.
Start the fermentation a little low on water for better flavor.
Be glad to help any way I can.
Have fun!

Welcome to a great forum! Lots of good people with lots of experience so ask any questions you may have.

Latest posts

Back