Hello Again

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynep

Junior
Reaction score
I joined this forum a long time ago but never made any wine . . . I made one batch of grape wine from a kit about 10 years ago. Never made anymore after that. I am going to try again. I have 40lbs of small pears waiting outside for me to get them cut up . . . . The house my son lives in has several pear trees. I am going to make a 5 gal batch of pear wine. My father in law makes pear wine and it's really good. So if I get this going and into a carboy soon, I can probably go get enough pears for a second batch next week or the week after.

So here goes . . . .

Wayne

Hi Wayne!

Keep us up to date on how the pear wine is coming along.

Hi Wayne... Looks like you may have three generations linked to pears: Your inlaws, yourself and your son...

Actually sort of yet . . . I am making the wine from pears that came from my son's house with help/guidance from my wife's father! They will both get a few bottles . . .

The pears are cleaned and cut up and in the freezer. I intended to have it started by now. I am sort "on call" to travel for a situation and I want to make sure I'll have 10 days or so at home straight so I can tend to the primary.

Back