Hello again

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGrav

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm back after a little hiatus. Had a busy bunch of months. Thought I hadmy house sold, buyer didn't perform on the contract at the last minute and I was too fed up with getting it ready/working 20 hrs a day before I moved overseas to pursue it. Finally got it rented after six months. Anyway, I'm currently in Kyrgyzstan and will be heading back to Germany in a couple months where I will spend the next few years. I plan on hitting up a bunch of breweries there. I visited my in-laws in England, went to a hole in the wall "nature?" store, was really surprised at the amount of beer/wine making stuff they had. Also had my first cider up there, also pretty good, goes down easy. Haven't found anything of the winemaking store typeyet in Germany, though I have sampled some new wine, pear, I think, very good. Are there any winemaking opportunities you all think I should follow up on while in Germany? They had a bumper crop of apples last fall. I plan on making some friends and buy/build an apple crusher. Appleman- I'll be reviewing your recipe for sparkling cider.
Anyway, thanks for keeping the forum going everyone.

Apfelwine is a nice German tradition (apple wine -- ask Appleman ! LOL) there are some recipes here if you use the search function. You can make sparkling or still wine (or cider) from Apples, and Apple Wine can be used as the base for many other flavors. Whatever fruit you can find that is in season (aka cheap) in Germany is a good candidate for wine!

Nice to see you again. I'm sure that Germany will be far easier living after being in Kyrgyzstan. Do you know where in Germany you will be? Daughter and son-in-law are there for a few years, near Ramstein. Watch out for that Germany apple wine. The first glass is usually awful. After that, you just don't care!
smiley36.gif

Yes, I will be right next to Ramstein, working there actually. I haven't had any of the local apfelwine. I had some in thestates, it is kind of like an apple brandy. PWP, it helps to keep it in the freezer, ice cold, more of a sipping drink.

The stuff that I drank when I was there was served in tumblers at tables outside. Nothing like what you described. My daughter and her husband live in Sembach.

Latest posts

Back