RJ Spagnols Heavy Foam on Cru Select Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Thought I would share these photos of a kit I started over the weekend since I have never seen so much heavy foam on top of batch after stirring. When stirring I always make sure I create a vortex to aerate the batch as much as possible so the yeast will have plenty of oxygen to get started.
Normally I get a good head of foam but with this batch (RJS Cru Select RQ Chile Malbec) the foam was very thick. The oak was very dark Hungarian shavings.

20070205_175951_Malbec_1_Medium.JPG

I even had trouble stirring in the oak before sprinkling on the yeast. Looks like chocolate chip raspberry ice cream!

20070205_180158_Malbec_2_Medium.JPG
Edited by: masta

smiley36.gif
that does look like some ice cream there! I'll take a scoop right now.

Strawberry shake with chocolate on top. Is this a big shake for valentines day?

Wow!!~ That looks great!! I almost purchased that kit, now am thinking I should have!!! Please keep us posted!!!

Francie

Unbelievable masta..Will be interesting to watch the initialfermentation on this one.

wade said:
Strawberry shake with chocolate on top. Is this a big shake for valentines day?

I didn't think of that and I should have waited until next week to make this so I could call my sweetie downstairs and grab a handful of Valentines foam and......
smiley15.gif

I checked on it this morning and all is well, I was concerned it would really foam up while fermenting.Edited by: masta

Back