Heat shrink tops

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homer

Reaction score
Do the heat shrinks tops help protect the corks or are they just for looks. bk

They are really just for looks as they have holes in them to let the corks breath. They do however seem to usually hold a cork in if refermentation occurs. Dont ask how I know!

Yea, for loooks and I use different colors for different wines and years. helps me when hunting through the racks for wines.

jason

I create different labels and try to match the capsules to the labels. I usually have at least 12 different capsules at any different time.

I also try to match capsules to labels. When I go to my supply house I usually try to buy an assortment of 100 each so I have them. I pay around .05 each for them at that quanity.

I believe that I read somewhere that the caps on wine were originally made of tin or lead. They were placed on the bottles to prevent rats or mice from chewing at the corks. - Yet another useless bit of knowledge -

When are we going to see the customized "Runningwolf Winery" capsules?

Dude you really think I haven't checked it out already. I can even go with tin. Problem is I don't want 5,000-10,000 of one color. They are really cool though as you can use up to 7 colors in the capsules and have the top embossed as well. http://www.lafitte-usa.com/capsules/

Latest posts

Back