Other Has anyone tried the SAKE kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redderthebetter

Reaction score
Before I was enlightened to the joys of wine drinking I was a young man stationed in Tokyo. I tried sake maybe once or twice, and really only did it as a shooter. I don't even remember the flavor.Does anyone reccommend a SAKE kit?

Maybe I should buy some at the local store and give it a go. I think I still have a sake set(never used) in my attic.

We drink it when we goto the Japanese Steak House!!
smiley11.gif

There was a guy that used to post on here a bit named Curt. He made a few posts in regards to Sake. He posted more about it on Winepress, but here did here as well I believe. You might try a search here for Sake and see what you get.

Sake is good, but it is a different wine experience. As stated, you drink it more like taking shots. I like it warmed a little. It has a mild hard liquor taste in my opinion and has a very warming feeling as it goes down.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

The most vivid memory I have of SAKE, is that it makes (Every)japanese man, think they are Sinatra or Bennettat the microphone.

Kind of like bud light making the locals at the VFW think they are Keith Urban, or George Jones.
smiley11.gif

I thought"rice" when I drank saki, but that may have been just one particular type.

Latest posts

Back