Has anyone heard from SammyK?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, Jim "Paul Harvey," what is the REST of the story?

I don't want to get into it on the open forum, Rocky. But neither did I want the "deets," as explained, to stand as the sole reason.

yea..that was it something about all the truck drivers in washington..i remember it now...thanks

the truck thing was she posted up about it and I said no and deleted the post because it was about the government shut down. she in turn decided to create another thread, and I told her enough, she needs to stop or she would be banned and I apologize for having to say that but she needed to stop. Txbrew deleted that thread.

the truck thing was she posted up about it and I said no and deleted the post because it was about the government shut down. she in turn decided to create another thread, and I told her enough, she needs to stop or she would be banned and I apologize for having to say that but she needed to stop. Txbrew deleted that thread.

Hey Julie,
You mods do what you need to do to make this place a friendly and inviting one.
Sometimes it's not terribly easy though, is it?

Hey Julie,
You mods do what you need to do to make this place a friendly and inviting one.
Sometimes it's not terribly easy though, is it?

ditto on that. It is not easy doing the things that are difficult. Cudos to all of the great and powerful mods here.

No it is not the_rayway! You get some members who want to post stuff that they are not suppose to and know they are not suppose to and when you delete they start another thread and berate you for taking the first one down and then when you say enough you will be banned, they now feel that you were very rude and should have taken it to a pm.

I am just very happy that those ones are few and far between, most of the members are just great.

I agree and know from experience that it's not easy being a good forum moderator. But I really feel strongly about people jumping to conclusions from assumptions they have made about another person's motives and actions. I am not defending anyone or taking sides by saying that. It's just the way I am.

People's reps can get publicly trashed unjustly that way, when people without all the facts really should be keeping quiet. I don't approve of that, and that is why I made the comment that only part of the story is being aired here. Sammyk likely won't be back so it's probably best to just let it rest.

Fair enough, Jim. No more questions from me.

Now, and I don't mean "to open a can of Pandora's box worms," what has become of Tess? She was a regular participant on the forum and all of a sudden has vanished.

It is a sad fact that in the life of a forum, members come and go for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes certain members do a lot of posting and others become well aquainted with them and for whatever reason when they stop posting, they are missed. Sometimes people realize they are spending too much time and money on a hobby and move on cold turkey. We wonder what happened to them as they are missed. Other times life gets in the way and they may move or lose access to the forum. Occasionally members pass away and if nobody thinks or know how to notify us, they simply dissapear. Other times a member may become very disruptive and may be banned for the trouble they cause. Whatever the reason, they have moved on and we must accept their absense.

Fair enough, Jim. No more questions from me.

Now, and I don't mean "to open a can of Pandora's box worms," what has become of Tess? She was a regular participant on the forum and all of a sudden has vanished.

Last I knew Tess was making a bunch of wine, Super tuscan among them.
For all we know she is just busy drinking it all!

Not everyone can type coherently when they are seeing double!!!!
:se

Last edited:
Agree with Grapeman. Some folks you just want to ban. Like, I remember this obnoxious guy called Appleman. He was a real tool. Haven't seen him around for a long time. Must have been sent to the corner permanently. ;)

Agree with Grapeman. Some folks you just want to ban. Like, I remember this obnoxious guy called Appleman. He was a real tool. Haven't seen him around for a long time. Must have been sent to the corner permanently. ;)

I agree Greg, he was really something and he got sent to the basement, we locked it and threw the key away. :)

I think I heard he was lost in the merger of the 2 forums, never to be heard from again........... so sad.

LMAO Greg I didn't realize you were around that long. I remember that old coot. Wasn't he the one that was going to make a wine tank from one of his Milking tanks? I think he designed the picture I use on my jalapeno wone also.

I think I heard he was lost in the merger of the 2 forums, never to be heard from again........... so sad.

Unfortunately there were some who didn't make the jump that are missed.
But having keyboard met new ones that are now wine friends!

Don't forget about the ignore list! Great feature for us non moderators!

Latest posts

Back