Hallelujah wine lovers!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG1992

Junior
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm so happy at the moment, I've spent more than 6 hours just to find a forum like this one (Can't believe it).

So I wanna say hi to you guys and I'm so glad to announce that I'm ready to make my first homemade red wine from grape fruits (Lost a little bit), so I need you guys to teach me everything (Ingredients, tools, the process etc...).

Cheers!

From kits?

From grapes?

From frozen must?

Any experience brewing or other fermentation experience?

And where are you and how easy is it for you to get grapes?

Regardless, go buy some carboys and a 30 gallon brute trash can.

Hello folks,

I'm so happy at the moment, I've spent more than 6 hours just to find a forum like this one (Can't believe it).

So I wanna say hi to you guys and I'm so glad to announce that I'm ready to make my first homemade red wine from grape fruits (Lost a little bit), so I need you guys to teach me everything (Ingredients, tools, the process etc...).

Cheers!

6 hours to find the forum?

1st teaching item will be properly utilizing google! Lol. [emoji3] I know certain counties have Internet restrictions and can be difficult without VPN.
So, red wine from grapes? Growing them yourself ? (“Lost a little bit” I take to mean lost some clusters on the vine before harvest?)
Hit us with all the info you can so we can help ya make something to be proud of.
Welcome OG

Welcome. Read, ask questions and know that it is actually pretty easy to make wine, harder to make a drinkable wine and it can take some time to understand how to make a good wine. I’d recommend making a batch of Skeeter Pee to start your wine making career. It’s tried and true and pretty darn good!

6 hours to find the forum?

1st teaching item will be properly utilizing google! Lol.
emoji3.png
I know certain counties have Internet restrictions and can be difficult without VPN.
So, red wine from grapes? Growing them yourself ? (“Lost a little bit” I take to mean lost some clusters on the vine before harvest?)
Hit us with all the info you can so we can help ya make something to be proud of.
Welcome OG

Thank you for your reply, Unfortunately you'r right it's because we've some restrictions Lmao :).

No I'm not growing them by myself, I meant that I've found several ways to make a homemade wine, but according to my situation I need some manipulation and special recipes in order to get the best results.

- I will use general purpose yeast (bread yeast) instead of wine yeast because it's not allowed to import such things to my country (so does it work?)
- I found many tools on the internet such as (Vinometer, Hydrometer) so which one of them should I order?
- what is the formula for calculating alcohol percentage?

so I'm starting from scratch, I need you to squeeze your mind to deliver me everything u know.

From kits?

From grapes?

From frozen must?

Any experience brewing or other fermentation experience?

And where are you and how easy is it for you to get grapes?

Regardless, go buy some carboys and a 30 gallon brute trash can.

I'll be using grapes, I have some theoretical fermentation experience (God bless youtube)

Think I will find a few in my mother's fridge.. Lmao (kidding), I will buy some from the market.

I dont want to begin with 30 gallons, I will start with 5 gallons as an experiment so I can easily avoid mistakes in the future.

thank you in advance :)

Welcome. Read, ask questions and know that it is actually pretty easy to make wine, harder to make a drinkable wine and it can take some time to understand how to make a good wine. I’d recommend making a batch of Skeeter Pee to start your wine making career. It’s tried and true and pretty darn good!

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm thinking of, I will not get things right from the first time, my goal is that the my 3rd batch will be as fine as the one you make.

Cheers,

- I found many tools on the internet such as (Vinometer, Hydrometer) so which one of them should I order?
- what is the formula for calculating alcohol percentage?

If you can get a hydrometer, that is all you need. It will inform you about the progress of your fermentation. Vinometers don't work all that well.

To find the alcohol by volume (ABV), measure your specific gravity (SG) when you start (sometimes called "original gravity," OG) and your final specific gravity (sometimes called "final gravity," FG). Then, ABV = (SG - OG)*131. For example, you may start out with OG = 1.080, and end at FG = 0.998. In this case, ABV = (1.080 - 0.998)*131 = 10.7%

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm thinking of, I will not get things right from the first time, my goal is that the my 3rd batch will be as fine as the one you make.

Cheers,
I wish my wines were as good as they are now, after my third batch. I’ve made 1,000 gallons of wine over the past 5 years and every year I learn something that I wish I had known discovered or known before. I think my wines are good at the time, but some hold up to critical scrutiny (wine competitions, blind tasting versus commercial) and many don’t. It is always trying to capture the good and bad of every batch and figure out if there is something you could have done to make it better and learn from that.

Latest posts

Back