Guns

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were looking to pick up a Marlin XL7 in .30-06 as a graduation present for my son, but not sure the piggy bank can handle it right now. He'll have one by hunting season, though! :gb

I'm certain your son will definitely like it once he gets it though. :br

So after digging through old posts here I stumble upon this thread. My wife and I are avid gun enthusiasts and shooters. I love talkin' guns with people and hitting the range whenever possible. I just recently finished building my first AR-15. I took my time with it and built it to mil-specs. So, here's our arsenal as of now...(not afraid to share it with the group here)

Daniel Defense/LMT AR-15 Carbine Length 5.56
Savage Rifle .270
Mossberg 935 UltiMag Pump Shotgun 12 ga.
S&W Sigma .40
Sig Sauer P6 9mm
Ceska Zbrojovka CZ-82 9x18mm Makarov
Taurus PT1911 in stainless steel finish .45 Auto
MPA Mini-Defender 9mm

In the works is another AR-15 for the wife and a .50 BMG for me. Get some! :D

good grief... you're equipped to take on bin laden all by yourselves...

good grief... you're equipped to take on bin laden all by yourselves...

We're pretty confident that Bin Laden will never be a threat to us himself, his diabetes will take care of that. lol!

We're more geared up for the global collapse of government or the coming zombie apocalypse. :)

It's best to have them and not need them,
than need them and not have them.
I hate to admit it, but I believe you better enjoy them while you can. Every excuse will be used to take guns away from law abidding citizens.
I belong to a very large motorcycle forum and guns are one topic that is strictly taboo.
I respect their wishes. The owner of the great site is Irish, and there is a very large group of Canadians too.

I hate to admit it, but I believe you better enjoy them while you can. Every excuse will be used to take guns away from law abidding citizens.

we hear that a lot, goes in cycles. Sometimes I think that weapons are ingrained in american culture so deeply that its unthinkable they could be removed. Or at least I hope.

I took advantage of the Clinton-era fears of the 'government taking away our guns' and sold off my assault rifles. Of the lot, I miss my AK-47 dearly but I couldn't pass on the offer. Its a durable shooter and loads of fun. I also got rid of my desert eagle not too long ago and all I'm left with is a 12 gauge shotgun.

yeah I know. But I do know where it is and I see the owner almost every day.
44 mag cannon! such a sweet weapon.

matte black, no shiny gangsta gun.
just serious business. I miss it.

Last edited:
I've been known to be seen OC my XD45 at times. You really get looks when you're cruising around on the bike and people look over and see on your belt. Seriously though, PA is an open carry state and also a shall issue state as far as License to Carry Firearms is concerned. OC was one of the topics in the MPOETC training in 2009 for all PA police. I won't put anyone down for having a fear of firearms, but I also feel that I should be able to protect myself and my family by any means necessary.

I would love to have an AR however budget doesn't permit that at this time but I do still have my Norinco SKS which is a real hoot to shoot.

Thats a sweet gun but thought you were talking about the .50

oh no, no 50AE but I have shot one a few times. Speaking of cannon!
I don't think I could afford the ammo unless I reloaded. Thats a pricey handgun round.

edit:

although I did go look and its not as bad as it used to be price wise

Last edited:
Indeed. Shooting the .50AE is an experience all on its own. The power is beyond amazing.

Hi everyone!Well lets see I have 2 Ithica model 37's,2 double barrel Stevens (12&16ga),12gal 3 1/2"singleshot Topper Delux (which will knock your teeth out if ur not careful),Rem.model 381 .22 rifle,Thomp.cen.54cal. Hawken,Traditions .50cal in-line(I personally like the side lock better,keepin it traditonal you know),C-Z 9mm,Ruger mk11,and a 44cal Red Hawk.I think thats about it.Oh I have 2 longbows and 1 recurve,that can be quite effective in the right hands and I dont mean mine.(most of the time).

My favorite NEWEST hand cannon is a Ruger Alaskan in 44 magnum. Got it last fall. Great little snubnose bear defense.

Video of me firing it below...wait for the slow motion part....pretty neat.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYheny63EZE[/ame]

Green mountain have you ever fired the .500 mag?They have a snubnosed model that will flat out hurt you,fired 2 rds thru one a month ago,its a little too much!

Yep, that looks like it would hurt after a few and a snub noes .50, thats just freaking insane!

Green mountain have you ever fired the .500 mag?They have a snubnosed model that will flat out hurt you,fired 2 rds thru one a month ago,its a little too much!

The Alaskan also comes in .454 Casull but I heard it would make "Zeus flinch" so I figured 44 mag would be enough.

Those calibers are nuts in those little guns. Ever fire a Smith & Wesson Airweight in .357? It feels like trying to pound a 16d nail into a 2x4 held in your palm. Can't imagine what a big bore in snub nose is like, but I'd try it.

Latest posts

Back