Greetings from Philadelphia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAreWhyAyEn

Still fine tuning
Reaction score
Ryan here, Brand new to winemaking! Just bought my equipment kit today (and a few extra necessities), and a Vintners reserve Mezza Luna Rouge kit.

I have everything in the primary now. I did a few days of intense online research prior to buying the stuff and starting. Heres to hoping my first attempt is a good one!!

Another PA'er?! Jeez, what's in the water over there?

Haha, welcome to the forum Ryan
Sounds like you're on your way, dont be scared to ask questions

thanks for the welcomes! and the water in PA? not as much for good grape growth apparently like there is in WA from what im reading thus far!! boxed kits it is! haha.

I'm Super excited about this and glad to find a good forum. for years i was just on car forums which did me much much good and made alot of connections there. So i hope to be able to contribute as well as take from this forum.

okay well heres a question, it looks like im already fermenting after only about 6-8 hours (bubbling the air lock) instructions say that it will be 24-48 hrs. is that normal and okay? My starting temp was 75 degrees and it is currently at about 73 degrees. im assuming that is a good thing, but just want to verify. any feedback?

Welcome and it sounds like you are off to a good start. First time it is starting faster than the instructions, next time it will probably be how come it is taking so long. Maybe it is that not so good water for growing, but making fast fermenting. LOL, Arne.

Hi Ryan. Welcome to the forum. Early activity is not that uncommon. Question to you: Are fermenting in a primary bucket or in a carboy? Good luck!

Hi Ryan. I made the Mezza Luna Red as my second kit. It turned out great. I just bought another one to drink this winter. Good luck!

Welcome to a great forum! Lots of good people and information here.. Have fun! There are lots of PAers on here and happy to see another

Hey Ryan, Andrew from Philly here this is also my first post.. Don't mean to piggy back ya but just wanted to say hello everyone!!

Hi Ryan. Welcome to the forum. Early activity is not that uncommon. Question to you: Are fermenting in a primary bucket or in a carboy? Good luck!

Fermenting in a primary bucket. Its fermenting strong now. Bubbles every 3-4 seconds.

Back