Greetings from Palmer, Alaska

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubanken

Pillager of Mead
Reaction score
New to here, great forum, wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Been making Metheglin style meads so far. Made one sparkling cinnamon-saspirella mead and a drier vanilla-saspirella mead.

Looking at working my way into Pino noir's and sparkling red's.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! I've never heard of Methglyn style mead before, but that's what Wikipedia is for. I gather it's a Welsh name for mead. But why are you interested in making 'sparkling reds'? For me that happened once by accident, and I didn't like it. What red varietal do you intend to use to make sparkling red - most reds don't taste good with a fizz?

Welcome to the forum! I've never heard of Methglyn style mead before, but that's what Wikipedia is for. I gather it's a Welsh name for mead. But why are you interested in making 'sparkling reds'? For me that happened once by accident, and I didn't like it. What red varietal do you intend to use to make sparkling red - most reds don't taste good with a fizz?

I had a sparkling red wine at Food and Wine in Epcot this year and I'm wanting to duplicate it now. Metheglin is a mead that's flavored with spices, Melomel is fruit flavored mead...etc...

It was italian, I know that, but it seemed to be a good wine to have on a nice day fishing on the river. Normally I fill up the bota bag full of mead and head out, but this might make it more fun.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! We love Disney and really enjoyed the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
The sparkling red that you may be referring to might be Lambrusco, but sparkling reds are made from pinot Noir as well.

Welcome aboard! We love Disney and really enjoyed the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
The sparkling red that you may be referring to might be Lambrusco, but sparkling reds are made from pinot Noir as well.

I believe that was it. Funny too my favorite red is pinot noir. I love "cubanisimo" out of Salem, OR

Latest posts

Back