I went for a walk about and to taste many Rioja

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockymtn

Junior
Reaction score
Hi Group,
I'm back!! We walked half of the Camino de Santiago Frances and tasted many wonderful Rioja wines along the way. What a grape sensation those wines are.
We were again introduced to digestives... with one in particular in the Basque region called 'Pacharan'. It is a combination of Sloe Berries, Anise, Vanilla and a few Coffee beans. A unique and very pleasant taste, a digestive effect after a big meal, and easy to consume over ice.
On returning to my wine country in British Columbia, I noticed a few of my friends experimenting with Marijuana induced wine. They were still in the experimental stage, and I see that there was one thread here for members to glean information.
I am interested in this, and trying to figure out if White wine would be better that red wine for this purpose. I have read that it depends on the weed strain - sativa or indica.
I have been playing with my wines, before leaving for Spain, I infused into the fermentation stage a couple of Vanilla pods, a few cinnamon sticks and zest of 4 organic oranges into a table red. It came out with a nice bouquet of vanilla, slight hint of cinnamon, some say finish of oranges. It was fun to make, but purists made fun of me making it, and didn't want more than a sip.
Has anyone got any words of wisdom for me for my Weed Infusion process? I know that I have to heat the pot for an hour? in a warm oven, before putting it into a tea for my fermentation. (How am I doing ? not a lot of info out there).
I make an oak tea for my reds requiring it... so I figure that a tea could help the process.
I would like to hear your tips and thoughts, successes and not so muches.
I'm not a big weed fan, but always willing to try a new combination of science experiments.

I have a book by Richard W Bender that has a few recipes for cannabis wines. Including apple which is his favorite. He uses 2-4 oz dried cannabis trimmings per gallon and step feeds for higher ABV and a longer fermentation time. Were it legal here I might try it.

I have a book by Richard W Bender that has a few recipes for cannabis wines. Including apple which is his favorite. He uses 2-4 oz dried cannabis trimmings per gallon and step feeds for higher ABV and a longer fermentation time. Were it legal here I might try it.
Thanks ChuckD! Just ordered a copy of the book from Amazon. Can't wait to read it.

Back