Greetings from north central Minnesota

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to wine making talk

You are in apple and blueberry and haskap and cranberry country. ,,, ie good stuff!

One of the blue ribbons at state fair this year was haskap made form purée they bought at Minnesota haskap. And it was good.

Welcome from the Twin Cities area! Although I am currently in NW Wisconsin for the weekend.

You will find lots of good advice and experience here on WMT! My motto is to learn from others' mistakes because I don't have time to make them all myself. 😁

Welcome to wine making talk

You are in apple and blueberry and haskap and cranberry country. ,,, ie good stuff!

One of the blue ribbons at state fair this year was haskap made form purée they bought at Minnesota haskap. And it was good.
I have all of those things growing here. I may have to quit my day job 😉

Welcome to WMT!

Keep an eye on your carboys -- a lone carboy can reproduce by itself, and when you have 2? It's been compared to rabbits breeding, but for some (@BigDaveK) it's more like tribbles. You start out with a single batch of wine, and without realizing it, suddenly you have half a dozen or more. You have been warned.

🤣

Welcome to WMT!

Keep an eye on your carboys -- a lone carboy can reproduce by itself, and when you have 2? It's been compared to rabbits breeding, but for some (@BigDaveK) it's more like tribbles. You start out with a single batch of wine, and without realizing it, suddenly you have half a dozen or more. You have been warned.

🤣
I can imagine. This happened with my canning jars!

Welcome to WMT!

🤣
Bryan, that may be true (ok, it is) but has any wine maker ever said, "I have too many carboys"?

Bryan, that may be true (ok, it is) but has any wine maker ever said, "I have too many carboys"?
My wife has. Does that count?

🤣

Honestly, have a 25 liter demijohn, a 54 liter demijohn, and three 19 liter carboys empty at this time, as I won't have room to store the wine if made that much. Yes, I have a very serious problem -- I need more storage space ....

Welcome to WMT from southern Minnesota. I make wine from things that have always grown here; rhubarb wild grapes, chokecherries and now I have Marquette grapes growing and becoming wine next year. In case you didn't know, Marquette grapes were developed by U of Minnesota and do quite well in cold climates. Probably not around International Falls but certainly north of the Twin Cities.

Welcome to WMT from southern Minnesota. I make wine from things that have always grown here; rhubarb wild grapes, chokecherries and now I have Marquette grapes growing and becoming wine next year. In case you didn't know, Marquette grapes were developed by U of Minnesota and do quite well in cold climates. Probably not around International Falls but certainly north of the Twin Cities.
I have some Marquette grapes. Not producing yet.

Back