Greetings from NEPA,

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayh53

Junior
Reaction score
I've been making kits and hootch (wine from frozen welch's concentrate) for almost a year. It's been going well, my wife still looks at me strange when I get excited to see a new batch start bubbling!
I want to start making wine from grape juice purchased from a winery or online source. Also I'd like to try some sparkling wine.
So far, most of my batches are on the sweet side, I'd like to make some on the drier side.

Welcome to the forum!

I admire your ambition... So far I'm strictly a kit wine maker.

First why are your Welches finishing sweeter than you like? Are you using wine yeast? Are you using a hydrometer to measure what is oing on? I have to admit I like the Welches red and the niagra/peach, very easy to make, they like oak and people like it that you used such a simple everyday ingredient to make a nice wine. WVMJ

I'm learning to reduce my sugar addition and try to get an accurate SG reading in the beginning. Plus giving it enough shelf time before starting to drink it.

Yes, NEPA is north east. Monroe county.

Welcome Ray, You can't be to far from Simply Homebrew, two red lights south of I-80 on route 309. Go see Pete and can get you anything you need to expand your wine making.

Latest posts

Back