Great price on bottles!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy direct from Home Brew Ohio. 14.99/case. Free shipping at 59.99.

Decent prices on most things. Check them out.
I just snagged 10 cases. Label Peelers has a better price per case ($13.62), but considering total cost (product, tax and delivery), Home Brew Ohio was best. The shipping cost was the determinant.

Here we go!!!!!!!
The Amazon price in the link above has gone from $34 to $41.73.
Home Brew Ohio just got a shipment. Price went from 14.99 to 16.99 for Bordeaux bottles. Other bottles still the same price, for now.

I got mine for free years ago at the recycling center. I have hundreds. Trained friends to return them, too. ;) I use an easily removable printed paper label adhered with a milk and Elmer's Glue mixture that I learned from a past WMT member's post long ago. So running hot water over my labels takes them right off, and we're good to go again.bellbottomblues005.jpg

Here we go!!!!!!!
Home Brew Ohio just got a shipment. Price went from 14.99 to 16.99 for Bordeaux bottles. Other bottles still the same price, for now.
Dave, I don't know how you feel about a trip to Columbus for bottles or how many you would need, but Buckeye Brew Craft in Westerville has both green and clear Bourdeaux bottles for $13.50 per case. I was just in the store last week and I would call to confirm the price and quantity before coming this way.

Brew Supply Store | Buckeye Brewcraft | Westerville, OH

Dave, I don't know how you feel about a trip to Columbus for bottles or how many you would need, but Buckeye Brew Craft in Westerville has both green and clear Bourdeaux bottles for $13.50 per case. I was just in the store last week and I would call to confirm the price and quantity before coming this way.

Brew Supply Store | Buckeye Brewcraft | Westerville, OH
Really?!
Thank you, that's great to know!!
About every 3 weeks I make the journey to Costco in Columbus so it wouldn't be a special trip. Wow, thanks again!!!

Here we go!!!!!!!
Just wait till UPS ups it rates, $16.99 will be a steal. Free shipping at $59 can't last. I'd jump all over those $13.50 bottles

Just wait till UPS ups it rates, $16.99 will be a steal. Free shipping at $59 can't last. I'd jump all over those $13.50 bottles
I agree. I don't see any relief from rising prices for the foreseeable future. It certainly doesn't help that the entire world has gone batshit crazy. Is there some kind of International Insanity Competition?
Plan accordingly.

I agree. I don't see any relief from rising prices for the foreseeable future. It certainly doesn't help that the entire world has gone batshit crazy. Is there some kind of International Insanity Competition?
Plan accordingly.
Two 5 gal cans of ethanol free gas for the mower set me back $50.00

im going to have to get the wife to mow the whole lawn with the battery push mower. 🙄

I got mine for free years ago at the recycling center. I have hundreds. Trained friends to return them, too. ;) I use an easily removable printed paper label adhered with a milk and Elmer's Glue mixture that I learned from a past WMT member's post long ago. So running hot water over my labels takes them right off, and we're good to go again.View attachment 87366
Care to share the recipe for the easy to remove label adhesive?

Just found this place - New to the hobby - but was looking for cheap bottles. It looked like a lot of places were out of antique green, and shipping to SoCal was a deal breaker. Case of 12 for 14.99, and free shipping.

https://brewmybeers.com/collections/bottles
Living in an apartment -- single kits are probably the best way to go, for manageability.

Folks have recommended Coloma fruit juices. The price for 1.5 gallons of CS juice is $90 USD -- personally, it makes more sense to buy a FWK. I see there CS is out of stock, but Merlot is in stock at about the same price, and the kit includes all consumables. YMMV

I'm in a situation where I can't always get what I want. I'm part of a local group that makes a bulk purchase (10,000+ lbs) to get the best price, and we get a single shipment from the west coast that is focused around when CS and Merlot are available. Other grapes ripe at that time are also available, but nothing is guaranteed until the week before the shipment. So I'm used to making last minute decisions regarding what I get, and shifting gears quickly. Again, YMMV.
Beginning to believe this company isn't active. I have placed two orders, the first was cancelled for some reason, and then I placed another on May 18th, no response from the store, via email or their chat bot.

Anybody know the best place to buy bottles where shipping doesn't kill the price?

Anybody know the best place to buy bottles where shipping doesn't kill the price?

I think many of us are looking for an good bottle supplier.
Home Brew Ohio has free shipping with a 59.99 order.

I checked the Wayback Machine and their prices were stable and mostly unchanged until this year. For example, the clear Bordeaux was 14.99 but now going for 18.99.

I think many of us are looking for an good bottle supplier.
Home Brew Ohio has free shipping with a 59.99 order.

I checked the Wayback Machine and their prices were stable and mostly unchanged until this year. For example, the clear Bordeaux was 14.99 but now going for 18.99.
Thanks for the info! I just placed an order, just wish they had "antique green", but at this point, I'll take what I can get. I have a batch that's ready for bottling, although aging a few more weeks wouldn't hurt at all.

I also found some on Amazon that seemed reasonable for 4 cases at $90, free shipping with prime.

Latest posts

Back