Grape tannins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patc

Reaction score
What do you think about adding grape tannins to add more structure and depth to red wine? Has anybody used it or have experince with it? I was checking out the new mosti website and in the f&Q section they specifically advise if you want more structure and grip if you will to your red wine just add a couple of teaspoons of grape tannin to your wine?question is should i, and if so when and how much?

We often add tannins to wines for more body and depth for our wines. As far as the how much, that depends on what you're starting with and how you want your end product to feel and taste.

Sample your wine. If you feel it needs more tannins, then add them. If you are not seasoned on exactly what tannins taste like.... Add some to some water and taste it. After a little while and a good mouth rinse... test your wine and try to place the tannin taste.

If you do add them, don't cheap out with the $2 "grape tannin" powdered products. Get a real tannin addition like Tan'Cor Grand Cru, or just regular Tan'Cor. The oenological tannins are a much better product!

Here is a linkto Georges tannin additions.

I agree with Dean. I used the powdered tannin a few times and though its not garbage the Scotts Lab products are way better!

Latest posts

Back