Grape Press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in the process of searching for a press. I grow my own concords and would like to have a press large enough to handle 5 gal batches. Any ideas
smiley25.gif

Welcome avid. Please share your experiences. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome avid...

If you have or can get a copy of WINEMAKER MAGAZINE there is a story on a guy who made a homemade press out of 2 plastic buckets and some plumbing parts. I looked on their web page...but it didn't show it...maybe it will show it next month on their site.

http://winemakermag.com/

Thank you for the quick responses. I AM a newbie to both posting to this forum as well as makin fine home made wines! I have gone through a couple of 5 gal batches of concords.Just bottled my first batch and just letting it sit and age.
smiley24.gif
I loved the process and tried to follow George's recipe and guidance. I am learning as I go. I inherited 5 vines of mature concord grapes with our recent home purchase. The previous owner made grape jam. I wanted to be more adventurous with the grapes. So here I am. Any help with other recipes for my grapes would be greatly appreciated. I harvest around 150lbs each season.
smiley29.gif
Avid

Avid, the last time I went through Georges warehouse he had a press that could handle about 10 - 15 gal. He said he was discontinuing stocking any press that big, because there is no demand in Dallas and freight was tough. Maybe he'll make you a deal so he doesn't have to move it to the new store and have it take up space. Call him.

Latest posts

Back