Going Wino in Bremerton

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ChuckGauthier

Reaction score
1. five gallon batch of mango back sweetened to semi sweet, about 5 months old........3 gals left. Had a large family gathering and put out one gallon of mango wine for family and friends, the grown up younger members got there hands on it and wiped it out, they did say it was good and did I have any more......could'nt do it as they were drunk as skunks

2. five gallons of Rasberry/Blackberri in secondary ......was a little short of rasberri's so filled out with blackberri......berry patch is getting larger so next year will not be a problem.

3. 1 gallon batch of red thimbel berri, again short on berries so filled out with red huckleberries........in primary

4. soon to be, 5 gal blackberri wine.....5 gals of blackberries in freezer

5. soon to be 5 gal yellow plum wine......5 plus gals in freezer less pits

6. looking for 40 lbs of peachs

The wife bought some blackberri wine for taste test and told me that if I sweeten my wine a bit more she would like it, so off to the sugar farm we go.

Ha Chuck the blackberries are almost falling off right now and super sweet, try making a flavor pac with the current berries and add less sugar that way. Will help the blackberry taste out and it will appear sweeter than it is. I add the sugar or honey to the f-pac will it is simmering

:fshHave a question about my Thimbleberri/Huckleberri wine. First, lost track of SG tool :w don/t have anything to measure acid. One gal batch, used 2 1/2 pounds of sugar for this batch. sugar mixed in to water while simmering and poured over fruit which because of the huckleberries was put through a food processer. campden tabs crushed, waited one day and used same yeast called for in a rasberri wine, D 47. Left the fruit in a paint strainer bag in the fermenter for 8 days, punched down and stirred well twice a day. Squeezed out the juice from the bag and racked into secondary, tasted SWEET AND GOOD BERRI FLAVOR. Placed air lock on secondary and it is just bubbling away. After a few days on the counter, I can see almost 3 inches of lee's on bottom of bottle and I think I would like to rack again to remove wine from lee's..........Should I, or not........thanks

Last edited:
let the lees settle. 3 day isnt even close for them to pack down. If you rack now you will loss good wine. I habve let wine sit on lees in secondary for weeks and *lazy*months and had no ill effects

Latest posts

Back