Glenora Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Reaction score
Have 3 of these seedless grapevines as 2nd year growth in my backyard. Has anyone here used them to make wine? Susposed to be very good table grapes.

I've never made wine from Glenora before. They are indeed very tasty grapes, but run low in acid and being a red, probably aren't the greatest for wine. Also, no seeds=low tannins, again not good for wine. I would stick to eating them and plant a few good wine grapes if you haven't yet.

Post a few pictures of the vines you have started so others can drool!

Wish I had enough room to grow some wine grapes, since I don't,I plan on vacationing in upper NY in a couple of years, taking my deer costume (disguise) along with me, I know someone that is growing plenty!

JW, that reminds me of an unusual thing I saw yesterday. I happened to look out at the orchard/vineyard, and there was a deer munching away on twigs from prunings. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I got the binoculars anyway. I said to myself-That deer must be perfectly lined up because I only see 1 leg in the front. I watched it for a while and realized as it was facing directly at me- Hey it does only have one front leg. The leg was gone at where it meets the brisket. How this animal lived through stowstorms totalling feet at a time is beyond my comprehension. It looks a little thin but other than that it is moving around well-even jumping 5 foot wires in the vineyard. One tough animal!
smiley32.gif

I woke up this morning to a barking dog...he had a Porcupine cornered by the downstairs patio door....Took the dog in...pulled his quills and threw water out the window on the Porker till he left....Isn't nature full of surprises.
smiley3.gif

PictureSmall-1.jpg
Edited by: Northern Winos

Latest posts

Back