General Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a batch in primary that I started with a starter. I used Red Star Cort De Blanc, and basically added lemon a little at a time so I didn't shock the yeast. Got the last bit of lemon in today and it's bubbling on.... CAN"T WAIT. (I'm a Skeeter Pee virgin!)

wife is not sure what to call hers she has a batch of (lime pee?) going it was fresh lime juice and simple syrup it's going really good took a day or so but it's going to town now we added a small batch of cherry to it so maybe it can be bloody skeeter pee? LOL

I have a slurry from a three gallon batch of gooseberry wine and I want to try a skeeter pee my question is as follows first of all when I made this wine I didn't have any type of stainer bag to put my fruit in so the slurry that I have has all the must in it can I use this to make a skeeter pee not knowing this I put that in a gallon bag and froze it until I found out
Jack

I have a slurry from a three gallon batch of gooseberry wine and I want to try a skeeter pee my question is as follows first of all when I made this wine I didn't have any type of stainer bag to put my fruit in so the slurry that I have has all the must in it can I use this to make a skeeter pee not knowing this I put that in a gallon bag and froze it until I found out
Jack

I would think you'd be alright doing that. The only hazzard I can think of is the gooseberry seeds are likely in the slurry. If they have a bitter taste, that could be transferred to your Skeeter Pee. Another thing to consider is that gooseberries have lots of pectin. You might want to dose your batch with pectic enzyme to be safe.

Thanks Minnesotamaker I have about 3/4 of a gallon bag in the freezer which I would like to turn into a five gallon batch of skeeter pee how much pectic enzyme do you think you would add to it. jtstar

Thanks Minnesotamaker I have about 3/4 of a gallon bag in the freezer which I would like to turn into a five gallon batch of skeeter pee how much pectic enzyme do you think you would add to it. jtstar

I would treat the whole batch with a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon.

Lon I read your blog about skeeter pee. Very nice. I see you drop a slice of lemon in each bottle. How long does that last? meaning does it shrival up or change color.

Lon I read your blog about skeeter pee. Very nice. I see you drop a slice of lemon in each bottle. How long does that last? meaning does it shrival up or change color.

The lemon slice is added at the time of serving. When you squeeze the slice in, it leaves a trace of fresh lemon juice on the mouth of the bottle, and that first swig is
awe2.gif

awesome.gif

100_2255-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey can we salt the rim of the glass too?

I put all of my skeeter pee in the 750ml bottles. Guess I could do the same to it.

You guys and gals are the best!

Hi guys, I just found this forum today. I started my first batch of Cabernet 2 days ago using a bucket of juice from California. This sounds very interesting but I wanted to know if I will really have any slurry to do this with? Since this is my first time I really dont know what I have at the bottom of my bucket right now, but I'm assuming this only applies to people who have crushed grapes themselves and have a lot of sedement?

Hi guys, I just found this forum today. I started my first batch of Cabernet 2 days ago using a bucket of juice from California. This sounds very interesting but I wanted to know if I will really have any slurry to do this with? Since this is my first time I really dont know what I have at the bottom of my bucket right now, but I'm assuming this only applies to people who have crushed grapes themselves and have a lot of sedement?

No this works with any kind of wine, even kits...you just use the thicker stuff at the bottom of your primary fermentor :)
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back