Fungus wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those gears - very noisy? They need oiling, I know. Will indeed keep you informed. The idea of making a mushroom wine intrigues me. I am experimenting fermenting on whey at this time and using whey and mushrooms to make a fermented "beverage" seems so "whey out" left field that I gotta try it.

Hello guys h happy new year !
I ferment mushroom (not 100 % mix with rice ) taste is awesome accept the acidity level.
Can i add acid like lemon or peptic at this time 15 days old fermentation.
:a1:hny

Adding acidity is not necessary for fermentation. Yeast prefer (I think) to create the acid levels they prefer to inhibit any competitive organisms from getting at their food source. We prefer more acidity a) because of taste and b) to help increase the shelf life of wine by as a lower pH inhibits oxidation and indeed spoilage. If this is correct then the best time to add more acidity is when you are bulk aging and/or just before bottling.

Thank you BernardSmith .
Great suggestion.
Acid level will prevent from bad smell and spoilage . Which acid should i try tartic acid , malic , citric . ? Or lemon.

I would think - but others may have very different views - that lemon juice would be a good acid to use with mushrooms BUT if you have a batch of wine to which you plan on adding acidity why not experiment and divide your batch into 5 - adding a different acid to each batch and adding "acid blend" to the fifth...

Latest posts

Back