Fulchino Vineyard

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
appleman said:
Let me know how the little plate filter works out Al. I will likely add a bit bigger one in another year for bulk filtering and go from there. I hope you are able to closely replicate that wine Al. It was great. Scott probably didn't recognize the real name you had for the Appleman (hint, it is Richard L).

You are right A-Man just knewof youralias

Al Fulchino said:
i will let you know Rich...i plan on starting to use the Buon Vino tommorrow and sunday

as far as repeating a wine...that is always the challenge...to keep keeping on to what is expected

So how did it work out Al? Did it work without leaking or did you bypass the filter plate?

Repeating wines is definitely difficult, because you never get the same products to begin with. The must is never the same two times in a row because of different growing conditions, sources, etc. That's where experience blending helps as well as a lot of luck.

Hi Rich......well the bypass worked just fine...if anyone uses this system and uses oak chips MAKE SURE you buy the pre-filter......i did but naturally being the way i am, i did not use the pre-filter on the first racking...and wanting to get every last drop i sucked in some oak....so on the second racking i used the prefilter

anyways...the prime is perfect...no issues at all..and that was always what i liked about Buon Vino products

i was told to expect a tad over 1 gallon per minute on filtering...when i by passed i got 1.5 gallons per minute

slow?

yes

i had hoped for 3

but upside is that it is very, very, very gentle andthat means a lot to me
secondly, the slower rate means that when topping off a barrel, tank or carboy you are not going to get the end splash that one invariably gets

easy to clean....stable machine...easy to lift and move..i expect to move a lot wine with it over the years as well as filter

As to repeating vintages.....yep you said it very well....and i do not take luck for granted :)

So in the end it is like a Surflo would be, without the filter, only maybe slower. Gives me all the more reason to experiment with mine. I just wish I had one with the direct AC hookup. I will have to try it with the battery just to see how it works and then later maybe if I decide to go that route, I would get one of the AC ones. I had this pump I have as a secondary pump for my sprayer, but never used it at all and never mounted because I went the larger pump on PTO route.

If the pump works alright to transfer, I may try force filtering like the Buono Vino setup, using a water cartridge filter setup. Eventually I will go the larger plate filter route.

i forgot to mention that this is not a three prong push in and pull out thingy...it actually has an on/off switch

very important when you find yourself in one of the many holy sh*t moments any winemaker can attest to

I agree about the switch Al. I made sure when I rigged up the crusher destemmer with a motor, that I got a model motor with an on/off switch, not just a plugin.

moz-screenshot-1.png
anyone ever seen these tools for cluster removal...i have not and am suprised by that...would like to know where to buy

</span>

20100124_133849_cluster_removal.JPG

a great afternoon was had my yours truly thanks to this forum's NH Dennis who works for a wine distributor...at his courtesy i was able to join him in a wine and food pairing seminar put on by his company w author Kevin Zraly author of the largest selling wine book in the world Windows on the World Complete Wine Course

thank you Dennis...it was outstanding...i should have brought a camera!

Al,

Glad you had a great time. I ddint realize how much salt can change a taste of wine...

Next up is the winter Wine Spectacular on Thursday.......Just showing a tad over 300 wines from our portfolios ( my job is to make sure its the right juice, the right vintage, on the right tables, etc....)

The 1st Vintage of NoWeare Winery (its spelled correctly) came out nicely.... I think, but could use a bit more oak and aging.

Again, thanks for the other package.....hopefully they will be in use in the next month with those pails of Chilian must.

labels approved!
labels approved!
labels approved!

gonna taste test tomorrow one batch and see if i cant bottle some soon :)

si....grazie
si....grazie
si....grazie!!!!

sending them off to the printer right now......the TTB has been VERY friendly and accomodating!

Did you have any doubt!! labels that good don't get sent back. One more step out of the way to becoming commercial.

BOB

Back