Frozen strawberries price check

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sp33dymonk3y

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much frozen strawberries are? I am probably going to need 20 pounds.. Going to make a 5 gallon strawberry wine

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I work in a store and right now we have frozen strawberries for about $4 for 12oz. You would be better off getting fresh strawberries slicing them yourself then freezing them. It's strawberry season so they are cheap. Some places even have a pick your own strawberries.

I agree. Fresh are pretty cheap currently. I picked up some recently at $1 per pound. I think Kroger had their fresh at $2 per lb advertised this week and Meijer had them 3lb for $5.

So yeah, if you want a lower price, defo consider fresh then freezing if you have the freezer space. After removing stems and what-not, it's pretty compact.

You really want to remove stems and stuff when their are still fresh. Ounce you freeze and thaw them they are mushy. Much harder to work with.

Last time I bought some, our local store sold 30 lbs for $42. They were frozen in a bucket and had 20 lbs of berries and 10 of juice. Already cleaned and very ripe. Have to check on them again one of these days, the strawberry wine is about gone. Arne.

Hmm.. Well when you say fresh strawberries, going to like walmart?

go to any grocery store or farmers market. I happen to grow my own and harvest time here will be in about a month or more. Last year I picked 60 lbs. Walmart would be fine if thats where you go or any Big Box store. For 5 gallons I would use no less than 20 lbs and more would be better.

Alright, how many plants did you plant to get your 60lbs last year?

Back