Forced into drinking wine, now loving it.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri

Junior
Reaction score
Hi All,
I accidently found this forum while browsing the internet. I have always been a beer drinker and never cared for wine. Four years ago I was diagnosed with Celiac disease (gluten intolerance) so bye bye beer, gluten free beer is just not great and expensive.

I started trying wines and found I could adapt and that I liked the sweeter wines and there started my love for wine. I can see my taste is starting to change some are getting to sweet for me.

My husband decided to try making wine so we have made serveral kits, Raspberry White Zinfandel is a favorite. I am thinking we need to start branching out and trying other kits maybe one day making it from fresh juice, who knows.

I figure I will get some good info on here, so I will be lurking.;)

P.S. I am located very near to NY fingerlakes wine country so I have great availability.

Hey Terri! Welcome to WMT!

As a fellow Celiac, I totally understand the switch to wine. I started with sweet whites, and have now moved to very dry reds in preference. Although I still appreciate a nice light white once in awhile :h

I look forward to hearing more about your wine making experiences! Don't be afraid to ask questions here - we're all happy to help!

Welcome! Looks like we all started with wine the same way. I don't have Celiac but do have gluten intolerance, a condition not yet recognized in allopathic medicine. My joints feel a lot better and my head is clearer when I stay away from gluten. Then you add the low cost of making your own wine, and what's not to like? I look forward to your posts.

I know there would be others that understood gluten on here. Celiac and gluten intolerances are growing rapidly.

jswordy - I love the low cost of making my own wine, and so do my friends...hahaha.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the forum!

My wife enjoys off-dry whites the most but I'm hoping she'll over time adapt to the dry reds that are my preference. In the meantime i'll continue to make some whites for her that are back sweetened.

Welcome, Terri. Raspberry White Zin used to be one of my wife's favorates, until I started making Dragon Blood for her. If your tastes are turning the same way, perhaps you might want to try a batch.

Here's the recipe: DangerDave's Dragon Blood Wine

Again, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Last edited:
Too funny you should say that dangerdave, because my husband picked up the stuff we need yesterday so we can start a batch tomorrow. If we have any questions may we ask you? Your directions are very good though! Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome, Terri. Raspberry White Zin used to be one of my wife's favorates, until I started making Dragon Blood for her. If your tastes are turning the same way, perhaps you might want to try a batch.

Here's the recipe: DangerDave's Dragon Blood Wine

Again, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Questions are indeed welcome. Join in on the recipe thread, and we'll all help you along. Have you got it up and running yet?

Questions are indeed welcome. Join in on the recipe thread, and we'll all help you along. Have you got it up and running yet?

Yep, it is up and running! Started it Friday evening, seems to be doing it's thing. If we have questions definitely will ask on the recipe page! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back