floor corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acesover

Reaction score
just got one today for b-day and used it today and it worked awesome and help save time very easy to use. i have the portugese one it squeezes the cork some much it takes very little effort to push in.

anyone looking to buy a wine kit whos going to stick with it I would definetly recommend get one that comes with the floor corker i wish i have.

Thanks for the information. We haven't decided which one to buy, but it will definately be a floor model.

They are great and wish I had 1 from the start, I will be getting the Italian Champagne corker next which also does normal corks and can also do beer caps with an attachment.

I agree - I was lucky to get one as a hand-me-down when I started wine making and it works great

Can't stress it enough. If you are going to make wine on any kind of semi regular basis, a floor corker is a godsend. Either model will suit you fine. Don't think you have to have the Italian model with the brass iris just because it is better. Unless you are really corking a lot of bottles, it will be quite a while before you will ever ear out the poly iris. They are replaceable as well.

Wade, don't you already have an Italian corker? I don't know if I would order another just to cap beer bottles. The double lever hand capper actually works very well. I was quite surprised how well it works. If you want a bit better I would look for a bench top capper.

Smurf, I have the Portuguese and will eventually trade in for the Italian only because I can use it to do the Champagne corks and wine corks with an attachment. Im not fond of the plastic stoppers as I had to many leakers with those last time and the time before. It might be because Im using recycled bottles that are of different brands or just because the plastic stoppers are not made to exacting specs. but either way I bet the real corks will do a much better job.

Regular maintenance on these floor corkers is advisable. The hole where you place the cork and compress it builds up with goobers and nasties
smiley11.gif
if you don't periodically clean it. I place my corks in a solution of K-Meta prior to corking so the solution hides out down there and can create rust if allowed to sit unattended.

Salute!
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back