Flavorings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry1

Reaction score
I've been prowling around The Winemakers Toy Store and have a question. Under what circumstances would ya use a flavoring? I know this is probably a real weird question, but I have had a few wines turn out that I thought the flavor was a little thin. Is this what the flavorings are intended for? An fpack is probably the best way to go at this, but what if you just can't obtain enough juice to make an fpack? Is enhancing with flavorings acceptable?

Dont use those flavorings in a finished wine!!! The wine will taste artificial. I used it once and through the wine out after about 6 months! It seems to work pretty good in beer though mainly because you only need a little bit. Fpack is the way to go.

Thanks Wade. Are the flavorings intended to be used in beer? Or maybe they should be used to make cordials. Lots of different flavors available. How have they been used? Anybody?

I used some apple flavoring in an apple wine and it had a mettalic taste to it for about 6-8 months then it faded away and the wine was quite good. I have not used it in a wine since, an F-Pack is the way to go!!!

BOB

Fpac is the way to go. We've used the flavorings in both wines and beer - yuck and it never got better!

I hate tp put down something that is sold my the owner of this site but I sure dont want anyone ruining their wine either so I will not steer anyone wrong. Like I said a small amount in beer works well though as I use the Apricot all the time to make my Magic Hat #9 clone beer and everyone says it comes out better then the actual Magic Hat and even the Ithaca Apricot! I use 3/4 of that bottle to 5 gallons of beer.

Latest posts

Back