Fiz X mixer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpio

Junior
Reaction score
I'm new to this. Just started my first kit.

I bought one of the Fiz X mixers. Have not used it yet however it states for use with certain size glass carboys - I have a plastic 6 gallon . The opening is larger than glass I guess. Is this mixer supposed to snug the opening. Will I be able to use it on the one I have?

Also, I'm on day 6 of fermenting. Reading is 1.016. Direction state to be at 1.010 or less. I guess I just wait and check daily.. Liquid temp is 71 - room temp 70

Plenty of more questions to come I'm sure

Thanks for the help

Is the Fizz X the one that has the rubber bung onit and is like a spring whip? If it is, I am not sure about the plastic carboy. I do know the opening is bigger than the glass ones. All of my glass carboys 3 gallons and up have the same size opening. My plastic ones have a larger opening. I had to buy different sized bungs for the plastic. The universal ones wouldn't fit. For stirring, I have the Mix-Stir which is the solid steel rod with the plastic paddle thingys on the end of it.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif
Edited by: smurfe

Welcome scorpio,

You are correct and the Fizz-X will not rest in the top of the plastic carboy (if it is a Better Bottle) but you certainly can use it by just holding it in the center of the opening. The main thing is not to hit the sides of the plastic with the mixing blades. Sounds like you are well on your way congrats.

I have a couple of those better bottles, I rest one hand on top of the carboy, and center the fizz-X with it.
Dave

Latest posts

Back