First Strawberry wine batch.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i added the 3/4 tsp of powder pectic- and it cleared up alot - there is still some haze though - as i can shine a flashlight in it and see it.

It has been 2 days since i added the pectic - will it take longer to fully clear the haze - or should i pitch some more pectic?

Yea More like 3-4 weeks. Give it time so what seyyels become "firm" on the bottom. If U rack to early it will disturb it making it cloudy again.

Well - i think i did it wrong - i just mixed it in some of the wine - and poured it back in.

I read that i should have mixed every hour for 4 hours - strained it off then poured in.

Did i screw this up? Do i need to redo it?

I think U and the wine will be OK. Time will cure this. We all learn by misQ's.

My strawberry never cleared (didn't get a whole lotta chance) but it was delicious. I didn't freeze my berries, just mashed 'em with a potato masher. I f-packed and did everything wrong, (it was 1st batch b4 I found yall). But it tasted like strawberry jam... Definately making some more when strawberries come back in season. I hope yours clears well and you enjoy it as much as I did mine!

Latest posts

Back