First Strawberry wine batch.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So could you just throw the strawberries right in the bucket to start them ?

Same here. Freezing helps breaks down the cell walls and you extract more.

Ok I'll have to make sure I have room in my freezer for 36 lbs of strawberries .Maybe i could talk work into letting me put them in thier freezer for a couple of days . Too bad my boss isn't a drinker I could use that to my advantage .

Can I make a secondary F-pack? I used 16lbs for my 3gal batch (actually more like 3.5gal) and after stabilizing,degassing etc. I added an F-pack made from 4lbs, but it still doesn't seem to have added a whole lot of flavor...is it too late/not advisable to whip up another f-pack? Or does the fruit flavor come out more once I backsweeten and age?

4# should make a difference. I would make some simple syrup and back sweeten to YOUR taste. This will bring out more flavor. I hope you added Meta AND sorbate prior to the f-pac.

Racked the strawberry and added super kleer - this tasted awesome!!! I am facing a little problem - it just doesn't want to clear - still a tab bit cloudy.

My other strawberry batch is already clear and i haven't used the super kleer yet.

I added pectic during primary, this has been going since 4-1-2010.

Any thoughts?

That sounds more like a pectic haze when it don't clear like that. I don't know if the superkleer will work on that. If it doesn't i would add another dose of pectic enzyme. Maybe someone else will have another idea but thats what it sounds like to me.

I have a similar problem with my elderberry port.

Racked the strawberry and added super kleer - this tasted awesome!!! I am facing a little problem - it just doesn't want to clear - still a tab bit cloudy.

My other strawberry batch is already clear and i haven't used the super kleer yet.

I added pectic during primary, this has been going since 4-1-2010.

Any thoughts?
How long has it been since U added Super_Kleer?

Then like PXROSE said may be pectic haze. On another idea... When did you degas. This keeps sediment in suspension

Then like PXROSE said may be pectic haze. On another idea... When did you degas. This keeps sediment in suspension

I degassed on 4-21 before i initially added the super kleer.

So should i just add some more pectic in? How much 3/4 tsp per gallon is what is on the powder form.

Wouldn't hurt to add butt I would degass again (Just-N-case)

De gas then add pectic
If wine not fully degassed it will suspend small particulates and prevent from clearing.

So i degassed - and there were no CO2 bubbles coming up - so i added the pectic in.

Adding in the pectic - does it settle out the pectic haze?

As long as your ABV isn't rocket fuel, which if that was the case I dont think you would have the haze to start with, you should start seeing a change within a few days.

Latest posts

Back