First skeeter pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troll

Reaction score
I have made many batches of wine but this is the first skeeter. Made on blueberry slurry and started easily and in 10 days is at .995. Can't wait until it is ready to bottle.

With my last batch, I separated 5 gallons into 5 ea 1 gallon jugs. I then back sweetened/flavored each gallon with a different frozen concentrate. I enjoy experimenting this way. These are what I used:
1. Welchs Strawberry Breeze
2. Old Orchard Strawberry Margarita
3. Old Orchard Piña Colada
4. Old Orchard Pineapple
5. Left plain
The Piña Colada was the best but the coconut milk didn't mice well with the pee. Second favorite was the pineapple.

With my last batch, I separated 5 gallons into 5 ea 1 gallon jugs. I then back sweetened/flavored each gallon with a different frozen concentrate. I enjoy experimenting this way. These are what I used:
1. Welchs Strawberry Breeze
2. Old Orchard Strawberry Margarita
3. Old Orchard Piña Colada
4. Old Orchard Pineapple
5. Left plain
The Piña Colada was the best but the coconut milk didn't mice well with the pee. Second favorite was the pineapple.

How many of those clouded the s.p. back up, or did you add them before it cleared? Arne.

I added them before it cleared, but they were all gone before they cleared all the way. I like my wine clear, but I don't mind a cloudy pee. A lot of regular lemonade is cloudy anyway.

That's what's great about pee. It's a base for so many different flavors. I have been thinking about doing the same thing as you over the winter.

Latest posts

Back