Finer Wine Kit Finer Wine Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some tie Kit Taste to the sorbate, while others to the fact that the juice has been pasteurized, while still others aren’t sure where it comes from but definitely know it’s there.

Young kits have that taste to me - regardless of what I do. More pronounced in reds than whites. I’m hoping it’s actually the pasteurization that causes it so that I can switch over to all FW kits (not pasteurized). But it fades in time and becomes barely noticeable to me in about 2 years. YMMV.

I don’t know if dumping the sorbate and clarifiers has changed the taste or body of my wine. I’ve just become a big believer in the “less is more” theory of winemaking. People have been making great wine that way for centuries. I can too.

Last edited:
I just bottled my first Finer Wine kit last night. It's a Cabernet Sauvignon. I was amazed at how good it tasted even before aging the bottle. I think I will switch to only Finer Wine kits from this point on! ( Except for when I need Island Mist wine for my friends who only drink sweet wines, and my dog groomer who likes to be paid with Wildberry wine.) 😀

Attachments

• 16300941448561755411194805908054.jpg
    16300941448561755411194805908054.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
I just bottled my first Finer Wine kit last night. It's a Cabernet Sauvignon. I was amazed at how good it tasted even before aging the bottle. I think I will switch to only Finer Wine kits from this point on! ( Except for when I need Island Mist wine for my friends who only drink sweet wines, and my dog groomer who likes to be paid with Wildberry wine.) 😀
When did you start this kit? I have the same one bulk aging.

Okay got it. I just never heard it called k-meta. I use sodium metabisulfite just prior to bottling so that my wine will last. I'm still pretty new at this, as I've only been making wine for a little over a year and a half. But I do start a new batch every month, so I always have a couple of batches going.

Okay got it. I just never heard it called k-meta. I use sodium metabisulfite just prior to bottling so that my wine will last. I'm still pretty new at this, as I've only been making wine for a little over a year and a half. But I do start a new batch every month, so I always have a couple of batches going.

You may want to consider switching to potassium (K) metabisulfite. You profanity don't really want the extra sodium in your diet. It won't hurt you, but k-meta doesn't add that.

The whites are the Tavola Series - may be limited release since they won't ship until the end of the month or next. Or maybe just a new category to separate whites from reds. Reasonably priced & the discount was applied.

The way I read the announcement, all the existing formulations will be renamed to Tavola Series (or table wine). New formulations are coming that week be bigger and bolder to be named Forte Series.

On a completely different note. I just took my second Finer Wine kit, a Bordeaux Blend of from 6 weeks of extended maceration. I measured the final gravity to be 0.990, which means my abv on that one will be very nearly 15%. The noise had a very slight sulfur noise to it, but the taste more than made up for it. I added about 2 oz of French Oak cubes to it. I'll be leaving those for about two months. The Super Tuscan I started some time ago is probably ready for checking how clear it is.

Latest posts

Back