Finaly got my work area finished.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebiedoo

Reaction score
Spent my vacation remodeling the my "Winery". My wife laughed the other day when we hired a "Handy Man" to wire some outside lights. She said is was fun to watch someone who actually knew what they were doing :?. I did, however, accomplish this having only spent money on a sink, 2 metal shelves and 1 sheet of plywood. everything else was modified from something I already had on hand.

I did steal some Ideas from a couple people. The Wine racks were the best idea. I had 3 10'X 1' OSB shelves and a TON of little 2X4 pieces parts. they made excellent Hobo racks :b My wife always calls me nuts for reading forums but I got most of my ideas from here.

Thanks ;)

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

Last edited:
Great job there. Tell her to be patient with you. She will love the rewards later.
P.S. I love the editing reason. Not true, but hilarious. I feel like that all the time.

Very nice, lots of room to work.
I see that you have paint cans in the area and I have read that sharp odours from paint thinners, etc. can affect wine that is ageing nearby. I don't know how true it is but it is something to consider in storage areas; I try to keep mine well separated.

Nice job on the wine area, Steve. You will love the sink. Is that a chest freezer I see in the picture? Plan on using it for cold stabilization?

Dugger, those cans are empty (dried up) and going to the garbage. We're just waiting till springs so we can let them "air out" so it's not considered hazmat.

The wife, on the other hand, LOVE the EP Aussie Chard I made and has made it the staple she compares all Chards to. So far the most expensive bottle it's gone up against is Pennfolds Chardonnay Bin XX (cant remember the number) and it has come out on top. We have some 350ml's of Cake Bread Chard but she won't go there. I would recommend that kit to anyone!! I have 2 more of them on the shelve next to the freezer (and I've been put on notice, it's for FOOD only :( )

Rocky, the sink is a god send. Sure saves a lot of trips upstairs:db:db
I have the "Allinone" on the shelve above all the carboys and there's plenty of room for racking so (as Steve put it) NO MORE LIFTING FULL CARBOYS :db:db

Now I can start making wine again. I'm out of Chard :)

I like Bananas :h

Update

Another idea was used. We had a bag of old cloths to go to the Good Will and so we found a bunch of hoodies and sweatshirts. My wife made a bunch of Carboy hoodies :try

Thanks Mn Wine maker :br

DSC_0207 (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back