Finally Went All Grain!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkinman

Reaction score
Yep, I took the next step, I Finally Went All Grain!
What a blast, I've been having a lot of fun creating recipes and creating craft beer!

How did you do it? I'm starting to get the basic equipment to do it myself. Just curious where did you pick all up your supplies?

Make yourself a 3 tiered brewing system!!! Its easy and so much easier!!!! I built my whole set up and it was all electric.

I picked up 2 - 8 gallon stainless brew kettles with ball valves, Perfect for the 5 gallon brews that I do.
One Kettle from Home brew stuff, this has the ball valve and a thermometer, the other is a bayou classic (I really like this one), this has a ball valve as well.
I converted a 10 gallon Igloo cooler into a mash tun, I purchased the bulkhead and false bottom and wort chiller, along with the stainless barbs from Midwest supplies, I purchased another false bottom from bayou classic along with a few thermometers that hang from the kettle, and a kettle screen/bazooka filter.
I can now do a single infusion mash with the mash tun, or a temperature mash since I bought a false bottom for one of the brew kettles.
My efficiency has been real good with batch sparging, but I found that with the Belgian wit beers, fly sparging is a little better.
Right now I have a quasi 3 tier system. I need to build myself a three tier system.
Wade do you have any pics or a tutorial on how you did it?
BadMario, I highly suggest checking out the Bayou classic brew kettles on Overstock, they work great, and you'll save yourself a lot of money, the kettle I bought from homebrew stuff just doesn't seem as sturdy.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back