Finally got motivated to make some wine 1 ? though

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly22guy

Reaction score
Starting a batch of Vintners Harvest Blackberry. I have Cote des Blancs or Lalvin EC1118. Any suggestions on which would be better? Or should i run out and get something different? This batch is a 6 gal. batch i plan on taking 2 gallons of this and making a brandy out of it.:sh

Also started a 4 gal. batch of Blueberry/Pomegranate. The last one came out amazing!

Yeah now that my daughter is almost two i figured i better get my butt in gear. plus hopefully next year my vines will be producing.

Hi sly, welcome back. I would use the cotes but if you were heading to your lhbs, my preference would be Lavlin 1122

Last edited:
A good culture for blackberry is 71B because it metabolizes more malic and makes a smoother wine. Otherwise blackberry can be on the harsh side. Also, be sure to take a PH reading and adjust to about 3.4 If you don't adjust the PH pre-ferment, you won't be able to adjust it after the fact because it will be too far out of range.

Back