Favorite Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is you favorite wine to make?

• Cabernet Sauvignon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Merlot

• Zinfandel

• Chardonnay

• Other

• Total voters
I got into the hobby to make cabs and chards, but at that time, I was a real "greenhorn" about wines and those wines were all I knew. As part of the job of running the Toy Store, I have had to make as many different wines as I could and have found there are a ton of different wines and my palate has changed. My current favorite is the Barolo, followed by the Trebbianno and Sauvignon Blanc.

I like anything red and dry with a fruity flavor.....I guess I should say...I like the wines we make.

What a difficult choice. I have mad or in the process of make several kits and each one is different. I must admit I like all I have made so far and to pick one would be impossible.

This is pretty interesting to me. No one has any of the more popular varietals as their favorite.

Is this because they are difficult to make or is it the ability to make the unusual that is appealing?

I think my favorites, at this point in time, would have to be Barolo, Amarone, and Sauvignon Blanc.

The 'more popular varietals' are certainly no more difficult to make than any of the others. In addition to individual tastes, I think the availability of superior quality 'other' kits are a major factor illustrated herein.

Mr Robusto said:
This is pretty interesting to me. No one has any of the more popular varietals as their favorite.

Is this because they are difficult to make or is it the ability to make the unusual that is appealing?

I think its due to the fact the hobby would become boring to only make what you think is your favorite. So you make others, and discover an appreciation for them as well. One door opens another, making it hard to say one is better than the other.

Current favorite would be Chardasia, because it is now bulk aging,and one I look most forward to trying, although samples along the way have been extremely good.Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

I checked Cabernet but if it is dry and red, I normally like it. If you had a Dry/Red choice, I would of checked that.

I am torn! Is it a really dry red or is it chokecherry? Hmmm...
smiley5.gif

I really, really, like the fruity, flowery, spicy whites. Not necessisarily, sweet but very distinctive aromas and flavours. Very chilled. Sauvignon Blancs, Gerwurtztraminers, Viogniers, Vouvrays, not so much Chardonnay's, but Pinot Grigio's, Chenin Blancs.....X71...lol.

Ramona
druif20.gif
Edited by: rgecaprock

Hey Apple,I dont have any children but I like them all too,

well my wife has me does that count lol
smiley36.gif

I like all of the wines I make, Reds, Whites, Fruits and Meads...Just some more than others..It's fun and interesting making the wines and trying to find ways to improve them..

My 2nd would be Waldo's recipe for Blueberry Melomel and hopefully
since I added extra blueberries and substituted 1 gallon of water for
Wymans blueberry juice it will become #1.

Back