Favorite Chenin Blanc kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSGuardsman

Reaction score
The wife and I are fans of Chenin Blanc. I know, outside of South Africa and the Loire Valley, it is usually cast as an unnamed extra in a on a bottle of Chardonnay, or relegated to playing a supporting role in an nondescript box wine.

No way, Chardonnay! Give us a Vouvray any day!! Or better yet, a Clarksburg CB. We like them in the off-dry style, so we wondered what kit options might exist and what experience people have with them.

Vineco makes a South African Chenin Blanc in their Ken Ridge Showcase line. Unfortunately, there are not many Vineco retailers in the USA. I have not personally tried it, but a couple of years ago some folks I know who like South African wines told me that it was very good. Here's the description from the Vinecoweb-site.

Nearly a third of vines planted in South Africa are Chenin Blanc, where it is also called Steen. Chenin Blanc produces a wine that is a very pale straw colour boasting a nose of lemon-grass, melon and floral aromas with a slight kiss of honey. It is a dry, medium body white wine with crisp acidity and a clean citrus finish. A great accompaniment to lemon chicken, mango salad, lobster bisque; pork loin baked with apples in brandy.

Steve

not to long ago WE had a excellent kit,in the SOUTH AFRICAN style................

Latest posts

Back