Fast clearing blackberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redderthebetter

Reaction score
Did I get lucky here? I have a three week old 2 gal. blackberry made from 1 gallon of juice from my steamer. It was about 8 pounds of fruit. I added pectic enzyme, pot meta, and enough sugar to have a pre ferment 1.09 and 2 gallons. Primary was done in about 4 days at 1.01, and after 2 weeks it sits at .997. I racked and added sorbate. This is the clearest fruit wine I have encountered at this age.I will not be filtering this one. All of my portions seemed right. I guess because there was no pulp to muddy it up, this is the result. I'm going to add some oak chips and rack again after Turkey day. The only other wine I have done in the steamer was an elderberry, that has definetly kept it's body, and rich dark color. I bottled that this spring, and have already dipped in. Not bad, but need more time I think.

Ive heard that the steamer makes it clear easier. I dont have one so no personal experience here.

Latest posts

Back