f pack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I knew you were gonna ask that! Since I don't know how to measure the brix.
smiley5.gif
They were ripe, sweetbut still firm. I still have the f pack in the freezer if that helps me figure the brix. I was gonna ask how to but I felt the urgency to get them started so I simply forgotand since this was my first wine from my vines I figured trial and error would take over anyway
smiley36.gif
so this one I will just chalk up to experience and now I have a new computer too. If it weren't for todays technology I would be totalylost! And if anybody would like to chime in to this PLEASE do!
thanks alot!!

duh I do have a hydrometer for measuring brix! But I had thrown the grape wine out. It didn't smell spoiled but it did smell like a fart!
smiley13.gif
and I didn't wanna take any chances! Has anyone else experienced this?
thanks

Peaches never throw a wine out before asking. It was simply a stinky fermentation for not having enough nutrient for a healthy fermentation. If you had splash racked or used a piece of copper the smell would have gone away quickly! Don't do that again! We will help you through almost anything.

I knew it was a mistake throwing it out! Cuz I thought I had read on here about the stinky fermentation but couldn't find it anywhere and the day befor it had that stentch it tasted really good too like a white zin and it was a pretty pink in color too! lol 2nd time I screwed up and threw wine out! But no more waisting anything! I'm making a gallon of the same from the f pac that was meant for that wine and if I have to I'll go buy some grape juice but I should have enough for a gal batch anyway. I'm still learning! It's now noted about the stinky fermentation thanks appleman. My strawberry patch did really good this year so next year I'll bemaking some strawberry wine thanks again!
bonnie

Never throw away wine until you have given it at least 1 year since fermentation stops and you still dont like it!

Latest posts

Back