F$#@ing Buon Vino Bottle Filler...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dan...you are right, that would be a nice machine...the one i think you are referencing is a single head....i plan on using the current Buon Vino filler until it is near dying...then i have to look for a multi head machine...i recently did some 15 -19 case batches and it took three hours......usually done at night after a days work...so a 2, 4 maybe even 6 or 8 head machine is to eventually be in the picture....but for now the Buon Vino electric filler has been all that i have asked...even when i abuse it like i did once when i tried to use it for racking :)

The Enolmatic isnt very pricey if your not looking to get thye filter attachment but if you are then that is where they will soak you hard!

Hey Guys, this is a link to the bottle filler I was talking about http://valleyvintner.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BE

yes it is expensive at almost $400.00. I have not dug into it any further to see if it can be had for less or not. I'll be sticking to my $35 Buon Vino Automatic Auto Bottle Gravity Filler for quiet awhile. It really does work great once adjusted.

Hey Guys, this is a link to the bottle filler I was talking about http://valleyvintner.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BE

yes it is expensive at almost $400.00. I have not dug into it any further to see if it can be had for less or not. I'll be sticking to my $35 Buon Vino Automatic Auto Bottle Gravity Filler for quiet awhile. It really does work great once adjusted.

UPDATE...it use to work very well. I was just getting ready to bottle 12 gallons today and the top of this filler wouldn't pop up to shut off. I forced it up and everything went to H$#@$. The bearings froze up and wouldn't allow it to come up and when I forced it up the bearings poped out also. Three hours and a 100 miles later of driving from shop to shop I finally found a new one at Presque Isle Winery and got back home in time to go out to dinner. Guess I bottle tomorrow. K-meta is very corrosive and I believe running it through this bottler after cleaning up might be what caused my issue. :gb

UPDATE...it use to work very well. I was just getting ready to bottle 12 gallons today and the top of this filler wouldn't pop up to shut off. I forced it up and everything went to H$#@$. The bearings froze up and wouldn't allow it to come up and when I forced it up the bearings poped out also. Three hours and a 100 miles later of driving from shop to shop I finally found a new one at Presque Isle Winery and got back home in time to go out to dinner. Guess I bottle tomorrow. K-meta is very corrosive and I believe running it through this bottler after cleaning up might be what caused my issue. :gb

Hi Dan,

Are you still using your Bono Vino bottle filler? Have you had any more problems with it?

Yes I am still using it and like it vey much. I have a plastic crate I got from a nursery that I can put all 30 bottles in and I just go from bottle to bottle filling and then I cork them all right after. I do have to assist in stopping it some when the bottle is full but that just might be an adjustment. Not a big deal since your hane is on it anyways. Some people have complained about it dribbling filling a bottle as they move it from one to another but if you just wait a second or two that won't happen. Bottom line...I don't think you can beat it for the money.

Thanks, we have only used ours twice and we have to shut it off manually. Mike has played with the screw on the side but hasn't been able to get it right so far. But I'm sure we will.

We used our Buon Vino Gravity Filler last night for the first time. IT IS A GODSEND!! We loved it. It worked flawlessly and cut our bottling time down by far. If we get 1000 bottles out of it I'll be more than happy and won't hesitate to buy another one at that time.

Wade and Rawlus...How do you use a vacum pump for bottling. Can you post some diagrams or pictures. I am pretty mechanically inclined but can't figure this one out.

Steve

Got to go!!!:rn:rn

I would highly recomend the Enolmatic bottle filler. I know that it is pricey, but I have had mine for at least 10 years (translates into tens of thousands of bottles filled). The other great thing is that replacement parts are available.

Yeah i have been looking around for one as well - i will eventually fork out the $$ for one. I've been checking craigslist for a used one. No luck.

I have the enolomatic bottler. It is the simplest thing to use it works good with all bottle types, you can rack with it, plus it vacuum degases too. Very user friendly. I love it! Wish the Filter setup wasn't so expensive though. Ive had mine for 8 months or so now. Anyone hook a house filter up to these?

I have the enolomatic bottler. It is the simplest thing to use it works good with all bottle types, you can rack with it, plus it vacuum degases too. Very user friendly. I love it! Wish the Filter setup wasn't so expensive though. Ive had mine for 8 months or so now. Anyone hook a house filter up to these?

I have 2 enolmatics. They are great. I have never hooked up a filter to the filler because I like to filter and then bottle in separate stages. I have a buon vino superjet filter and it seems to work great.

So you can rack and degas with the Enol. I have been wondering about that forever and have asked people many times and never got an answer. Any idea how much vac it pulls?

So you can rack and degas with the Enol. I have been wondering about that forever and have asked people many times and never got an answer. Any idea how much vac it pulls?

hummmm could of sworn we said yes before but I would not use it for that. I bought the racking kit and what they sent for a cap suck. It is only good for a demijon and the girl at St Pats got a real attitude wjen I mentioned this to her. Anyways For the price and convenience of the vacuum pump I would not use my enolmatic for racking/degassing. Just my opinion.

As far as racking goes, it works real nice it dosn't seem like it works it hard at all. The caps that come with it are not that great but they will do. I think the caps that wade have are the ticket.

Not sure as to the amount of vacuum, ill have to look in the book on fri. It has enough to Suck in the Better bottles pretty good! I just pop the top loose every once and awhile to avoid this. Im am very pleased with it. Bottle filling is awesome fast and easy. I just like the fact i don't have to lift carboys!

I don't really do the volume that Runningwolf does either so for me it works great. Once my grapes start producing decent then ill probly grab a Vac pump.

Winemaker, did you ever get a Boun Vino? Which one are you looking to get? There are a few for sale right on this site! Or you could go the vacuum pump route also.

Winemaker, did you ever get a Boun Vino? Which one are you looking to get? There are a few for sale right on this site! Or you could go the vacuum pump route also.

Yeah - i got the mini jet filter several months back. I got a Robinair vacuum pump from my dad, and from my father-in-law i got the buon vino automatic bottle filler.

So i am good to go - but if my pump goes bad - i now have a respectable place to get one :h

Back