Ever heard of an UN-BOTTLING PARTY

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mississippi mud

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I posted an add for used bottles wanted I had three responses all 100 miles away. The one I went withasked only that I don't try to sell these. He gave me 10 cases of un opened wine which came from his collection. He lost power for 12 weeks during Katrina and had the wine in a temp and humidity controlled cabinet. I've opened 2 cases and found 1 that taste awesome. (Taylor fladgate 30 year old twany porto)
20080503_183931_DSCN0660.JPG

Edited by: mississippi mud

I was kind ofembarrassed to give him a couple of bottles of my wine but he took them and acted thankful. Most of his were 10 years old, he sort of laughed when I told him to age the chianti a year.

PWP all the rest were cooked but the labels are floaters.
smiley2.gif

He though 1 in 10 was still good but I have found 1 in 24. and think the odds will go down from here.

I think I forgot he gave me these for the bottles. It just makes me sick to poor out 5gallons of wine with prices from $30 to $100 from 10 years ago. It truly was a great score. Now, to fill them back up gonna be fun.

Latest posts

Back