RJ Spagnols EP Super Tuscan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it for a little under $150 with shipping. I'll still end up doing the WS Super Tuscan at some point because it appears it has a different flavor profile/blend than the EP kit (plus everyone raves about it).

I have very high hopes for the EP Super Tuscan. Just put my first batch into a barrel and it smelled fantastic. Looking forward to sampling some in a couple of months.

Yes, There was no shipping.
At the time that was the best price I could find for the kit at that price.

I just checked out SouthernHombre and EP series are at $125 but shipping is
$32.25.
So I am still paying $157.

if I could find them cheaper, I would be all over it!

http://www.****************.com/enprimeur.html

$148 for me shipped. Guess there is a little variance on where you live

I just checked out SouthernHombre and EP series are at $125 and shipping is
$23.30, but I am a little closer.

I think there's a little funny business with their shipping costs sometimes, but they're usually fast and reliable about shipping things. Not all of their kits come from their store. I've had kits come directly from a distributor.

I have found that making 2 shipments is sometimes cheaper than 1:re

I just bottled the EP super tuscan after 3 months bulk aging... very nice! Cant wait to crack a bottle in another 6 months or so. It was smooth and had some really fruit forward tastes too it. Cant wait till the oak melds into the mix a little smoother.

Also bottle the EP california cab after 4 months! Very very tastey.

Just racked my super Tuscan out of the cold garage. Took a couple sips and loved it. More importantly my wife and mother inlaw loved it.
And it is only a month and half since I made it. Can't wait until it ages a bit.

Of course the look on my wife's face when she tasted it let me know I am going to be spending a fortune on high end kits from how on!

Started mine and couldn't be happier. Really like the dried skins and chips with the EP, than the dust and goopy grapey stuff. So much easier.

We'll see on the results. I have a two year Winery Series that's great but a little "hot", and one year old Winery Series that's by far the best kit I've ever made. A friend offered me 20 bucks a bottle for.

Hopefully the EP will match up. Smells just wonderful brewing right now.

I recently stabilized and clarified mine, and it is looking/smelling/tasting good so far. I did substitute the yeast with BM45 and added some Booster Rouge at the beginning. I've never made the WS Super Tuscan, but that'll change at some point.

And the dried grapes are definitely easier to work with!

Last edited:
I recently stabilized and clarified mine, and it is looking/smelling/tasting good so far. I did substitute the yeast with BM45 and added some Booster Rouge at the beginning. I've never made the WE Super Tuscan, but that'll change at some point.

And the dried grapes are definitely easier to work with!

WE Super Tuscan? Did you mean EP Super Tuscan?

So, are you making the WS Super Tuscan (that you haven't made before) and you said it came with dried skins?

I thought the dried skins kits were the EP kits, and that the WS came with regular skins pack.

So, are you making the WS Super Tuscan (that you haven't made before) and you said it came with dried skins?

I thought the dried skins kits were the EP kits, and that the WS came with regular skins pack.

No, I have just finished fermenting the EP Super Tuscan, but I have not made the WS Super Tuscan before. I plan on doing that particular kit someday.

I was confused as I thought you have mentioned that the difference between the EP and WS on the ST was really minimal except for the skins pack.
I think it was someone else that made both, then.

I have in mind to make the Super Tuscan but my LHBS only carries the WS series at $125.

I`m starting this kit tomorrow ,looked through the box, and the 2 tea bags have no marking on them....what kind of chips are they? ,and what toast?...I looked on RJspangs site,and the site I purchased from ...can`t find nothing, I have very high hopes for this kit, if it`s as good or better then the winery series...yeeaah man !!

Last edited:
I've got my EP Tuscan in the secondary now until January 17. Looks like these stay in the secondary 20 days whereas the WE Eclipse kits only stay 10 days in the secondary. I have no idea on what type of Oak is in the teabags. :?

Latest posts

Back