RJ Spagnols ep amarone yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryW

Reaction score
I got an ep amarone kit for christmas. Is the yeast that came with kit good enough?

So what yeast came with the kit?

EC1118?

Steve

It probably came with EC-1118 because that's a strong yeast that's more forgiving of less than ideal conditions. IMO, if you are able to keep your kit in a 70-80F temp environment during fermentation, I'd go with BDX if available to you.

Fred

Is BDX a yeast that works well with kits? Some yeasts apparently do not deal well with the way kits are made.

Steve

I don't do alot of kits anymore, but I've used it with a C.C. amarone several times without any problem.

I made the EP Amarone with everything that was included and it came out awesome. You will want to cold stabilize this as it will throw wine diamonds! Dont even bother using the Metatartaric acid as it only held off the diamonds for about 4 months in my cellar!

I will use the original yeast and cold stabilize.
Thanks all, and Wade I got this kit because you praised it so much, I hope 2 years wait will be tolerable)

You can crack it a little earlier and it wil still be very good but this one really start to explode around 18 months.

Wade,

How long you normally keep you wine in the carboy before you bottle??

Latest posts

Back