EP amarone kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbwii

Reaction score
I just opened up my EP Amarone kit and discovered that I have 2 packets of oak chips and the hop bag that I am supposed to put the grape skins in but I don't have any grape skins.

Also I saw someone else's post somewhere that this kit uses grape skins AND raisins but the instructions do not mention raisins. Has anyone else made this kit? If so did your kit come with 1 pack oak and 1 grape skins? And was the raisins a tweak?

I have one in secondary now. It came with dried skins, raisins, and oak.

I just opened up my EP Amarone kit and discovered that I have 2 packets of oak chips and the hop bag that I am supposed to put the grape skins in but I don't have any grape skins.

Also I saw someone else's post somewhere that this kit uses grape skins AND raisins but the instructions do not mention raisins. Has anyone else made this kit? If so did your kit come with 1 pack oak and 1 grape skins? And was the raisins a tweak?
Call the 1-800 number in the instructions. This kit should have dried skins and raisins in it. RJS will get you what you need don't start the kit until you have it.

Be sure to remove the bag of juice and look underneath. Sometimes they drop out of site. Had that happen with a BC Meritage. All was well.

Yup, that's where I found my second bag. I made the kit and am very please with the wine. I used both grape skins and raisins

If I recall correctly, my raisins were at the bottom of the box, under the juice.

nbwii

:pic TAKE A MINUTE and go to WHEN GOOD WINES GoNE BAD, check out the thread were I did this kit see the raisins and process, that can make this kit a BIG ONE IN TASTE. :u

Latest posts

Back