Elementary school shooting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie

Reaction score
Not sure if we have any members in the Newtown, Conn. area but there has been a shooting at the elementary school. Last report says several people have been shot.

My prays and thoughts go out to the families in that area. It is a sad day when our schools have become targets in a shooting gallery!

Shooting at any school is awful but it seems so much worse at an elementary school.

Like there isn't enough tragedy and misery in the world. My heart goes out to those parents, children and teachers in Connecticut.

I just heard possibly 27 dead and 14 of those are children. This is 2 towns away from me, I'm absolutely shocked and horrified. I know way too many parents in Newtown...

Terrible news. What is wrong with people!!??? This is happening far too often.

I just heard possibly 27 dead and 14 of those are children. This is 2 towns away from me, I'm absolutely shocked and horrified. I know way too many parents in Newtown...

I was thinking of you when I first read this, wasn't sure exactly where you lived .

27 dead, 18 are children. The police now think there were two shooters.

My Thoughts and Prayers for all the families involved. I can not understand that kind of evil and hate.

Of course, the media is about to have a field-day! Sure, bring attention to this horrible act. Keep playing on it, and playing on it, until someone else has the bright idea to do the same thing. It is enough to make you vommit! The next thing you will see is a reporter sticking a microphone in a parent of one of the dead and ask "how do you feel about this". They are just pigs!

Sorry to be so negative, it is that I am just do disgusted and mad!

My thoughts and prayers go out to those poor families. May God grant them comfort in their time of crisis.

johnT

I am just horrified that somebody can walk in and shoot innocent kids - there are things I am thinking right that I just can't say without violating some forum guidelines - so I will keep those to myself.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends..

His name is Ryan Lanza and his mother was the kindergarten teacher of the class that he shot.

You know a lot of people do not understand how he got into the building. Ours school are locked at all times but if someone buzzes they are left in. While I was never one to advocate metal detectors, I believe we have now reached the level of needing metal detectors in our school buildings.

Prayers go out to the families of all involved. Schools are a place where children should be safe. That being said with the current laws in place today that prohibit law abiding citizens from being in possession of a firearm, schools are nothing more and a gun free victim zone. Obviously this person had intent to commit a crime and disregarded the laws that prohibit firearms. Media will have a field day, there will be calls for stricter gun laws. When will people realize that regarless of the laws in place, criminals will commit crimes. Law abiding citizens are the only ones affected by more legislation. I personally have no qualms about lawabiding citizens being able to carry firearms on school property, afterall, it's all about the kids. Someone has to be able to protect them. Remember, when seconds count, police are minutes away.

When stuff like this happens I always quote Eddie Izzard:

“They say that 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people.' Well I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people.”

The thought of what transpired here today is behind horror, beyond belief, beyond (at least my) imagination as to how any human being could commit a crime of this magnitude.

Mike,
I cannot condone what that jackass did to those children, I only wish that he was alive to answer to the justice system, however, he was 20 yrs old and obviously not a legal gun owner.
This will become another witch hunt against legal gun owners.
If he hadn't had a gun, something tells me that he would have used whatever means necessary to commit murder.
Once again, as a parent, this is unimaginable, as a human being, this is surreal, as an honest law abiding citizen, I think it is in poor taste to use this tragedy to further pursue a topic that is only going to stir up negative feelings.
Just my opinion of course.
Tom

Thank you Tom for your post, I could not agree with you more. You are right, if someone wants to do what happen today they will find a way. What we need to do is control what comes into the school districts.

A local school district a few years ago decided to take control who came into the schools. You have to go thru a metal detector and just last week they decided to arm their security police. To be a school police in that school district you have to be a retired state police officer. Their statement is, they do not have a lot of violence in their schools but they want to stop any coming in and address and reduce what they have.

"There's no tragedy in life like the death of a child. Things never get back to the way they were." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

I can't even explain what I am feeling right now. WHY!!!!!! We'll never know.

Thoughts and prayers to all of the families touched by this terrible tragedy! May God watch over them and give them the strength to go on!

No, we are Soooooo beyond "witch hunts" for legal gun owners........

I grew up in Texas hunting. Dove, White Tail, Quail......

I am ready for some new rules to own guns. Call it "gun control" if you want. I will call it "crazy people control".....

Its time to get the effing guns OUT of the hands of these effing crazy people......

Someone you love could be next.

The gun registration laws are a COMPLETE JOKE........

Its time for something much more than the silly paper work we have today.

It obviously is NOT working.

When stuff like this happens I always quote Eddie Izzard:

“They say that 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people.' Well I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people.”

The thought of what transpired here today is behind horror, beyond belief, beyond (at least my) imagination as to how any human being could commit a crime of this magnitude.

Great...now how about the **** that killed 20 kids with a knife in China?

(Sorry, I meant this for the post above this one)

The problem with trying to fix things by making more laws or changing the laws is that people who don't give a s#!t about the laws commit these crimes. So it will essentially fix nothing.

Looks like 22 children were "injured" not killed.....

See this Link

Somehow we have to get automatic and semi automatic weapons out of the hands of crazy people in the US.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back